cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection for Material used in Machines

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I want to make inspection of oil used in different kinds of machines. Also i want to schedule this.

Thanks to all

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

can you please explain the process in details.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

process is as under,

Machines are inspected on daily basis, but the oil used in machines are analysed seperately. it is the machine oil part of machine.

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Then there can be two possible ways..............

1.Either create maintainace plan for equipment/machin and schedule it through IP10/30

Attach the task list & mension the oil parameters for inspection.

then inspect the things as per the task list

2.Explore the Audit mgt.

Regards'

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oil is not the parameter, oil has different parameters to test. its like a material used in equipment. with lot of 14 material inspection should also be triggered.

thanks to all

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have a machin which has oil--->so in the Inspection of that m/c you can put OIL as one of the parameter.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

if i put the parameter oil as parameter, but what i am going to test in oil? oil inspection with respect to machine is separate. its inspection should be scheduled with respect to machine. may be seperate schedule.

thanks all

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You ae still inspecting the machine. This is the same as measuring the wear on a die or other part of the machinery. No different. Each part has specific characteristics you might test, like surface corrision, wear, thickness, etc....

So for Oil you have viscosity, containments, pH, specific gravity, etc..

In the plan, I would normally set up a different operation for each major component of the machine I was testing.

Oper 10 - General inspection

Oper 20 - Die inspection

Oper 30 - Hydraulic Oil inspeciton

Oper 40 - Cooling water inspection

etc.

Each operation has the characteristics that are related to that part of the machine.

Another option:

If you want to set up regular inspections of the oil you can do it as 09 inspections for recurring inspection. Set up a material called "Machine Oil". Make it batch managed. Create a batch for each machine, you can maybe use a machine number as the batch number. Then set up the next inspection date. Make the inspection interval 7 days if you inspect every week. Set up the deadline monitoring program as a batch job. It will create inspection lots each week for each batch. You can set the initial inspection date manually so that the inspections can be spread out over the week.

Craig

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do this with the PM module. Set up a schedule for each machine.

Craig