cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wily Introscope doesn't accept incomming agents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I've installed Wily Introscope 8.1.0.0 and localhost agent following [this guide|https://websmp208.sap-ag.de/~sapdownload/011000358700001995842008E], and all went right. If I execute http://server:8081/webview, I can logon to Wily Introscope WebView and see performance data from my host.

Now I try to install Wily Agent in one of my satellite systems following the same procedure, but when I restart the server, the agent doesn't connect to Wily Introscope Enterprise Manager. I've checked Agent Profile and set IP instead of server name, and log file types:

1/19/10 11:15:11 AM CET [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at <IP>:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (9).

1/19/10 11:15:22 AM CET [WARN] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] Failed to connect to the Introscope Enterprise Manager at <IP>:6001,com.wily.isengard.postofficehub.link.net.DefaultSocketFactory (10).

1/19/10 11:15:22 AM CET [INFO] [IntroscopeAgent.ConnectionThread] The Agent will continue to attempt to connect to Introscope Enterprise Manager. Further failures will not be logged.

Telnet to that machine and port doesn't work, but the service is started and telnet from Wily Introscope EM server works.

I've also checked IntroscopeEnterpriseManager.log just like the previous guide recommends at page 18 and see that Introscope Enterprise Manager is started, but Server listening for incoming default socket connections on port 6001 is Missing.

So I Understand that Introscope Enterprise Manager is not using any TCP port for agent connections.

I've tried to change TCP port number but I doesn't work.

Please, could you help me?

Thanks in advance and regards,

Tomas.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you configuring the Willy via Solman_setup? If not, try to follow, first of all, the steps indicated in "initial", "basic configuration" and then connect the satellite systems via the "Managed Systems" configuration.

Best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fernando,

I've followed the steps to conect satellite systems through tx SOLMAN_SETUP and the agent is properly installed.

The problem is that, as I can see at log, Wily Enterprise Manager doesn't have a TCP port for incoming agents.

Thanks and regards,

Tomas.

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Have you followed the Solman_setup step: Managed System Configuration -> Willy Introscope Configuration ->Managed System Configuration

If this step is working fine you should be able to connect and gather information from satellite agents.

Best regards,

Fernando