cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

R/3 Systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have 5 R/3 Systems. For each of the R/3 Systems I need to develop 6 Interfaces. (Sending PO, Receiving Inovice, Sending PO Change, Receiving Advance Shipping Notice, Receiving Goods Receipt Etc).

1 ) How should is build the SLD Enteries?

2 ) In the Repository under which SC I should import the IDOC from the R/3 System

3) How should I maintain the design time components in the Repository for one Given R/3 System? i.e should I need to develop the 6 interfaces for one R/3 system under one Software component or should I need to go for 6 different software component for a given R/3 System?

Thanks a lot.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The answer is: It depends

If all 5 R/3s do have the very same developments (e.g. they use one global template) than you can stick with one Software Component for the R/3 side. If the systems are all different (e.g. each system for a specific subsidiary with an own way to run the business reflected in specific developments and even differing R/3 releases), you should go for individual software components.

If you want to use the standard idocs, you don't need to import them, just get the XI content for the R/3 components such as SAP_APPL. In this components you'll already find the IDocs delivered by SAP. If you use customer specific IDocs import the Idocs in your specific software components.

Regards

Christine

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

<i>1 ) How should is build the SLD Enteries?</i>

Is your question is how to design SLD for each systems?

If so, for each R/3 system, maintain one Business System. Corresponding all other entries like Technical systems etc.

<i>2 ) In the Repository under which SC I should import the IDOC from the R/3 System</i>

It depends.This is design question.

Is your scenario is R/3 to any thirdparty systems? if so , it is better to have one SWC for thirdparty systems. and under which you can develop all 6 interfaces.

<i>3) How should I maintain the design time components in the Repository for one Given R/3 System? i.e should I need to develop the 6 interfaces for one R/3 system under one Software component or should I need to go for 6 different software component for a given R/3 System?</i>

As i told, if you have third party system involved in any interface, then it is better to have SWCV based on the thirdparty. Not based on the R/3 system.

In your case, it is better to go with 5 different SWC and each software components conatns 6 namespaces according to the number of interfaces. It will be good , in case of readability is concerned.

If you think, there are possibility of Reusability objects, then even you can think of making one SWC as a reusable and all making all the objects under this as a reusable objects.

Even one more option is Create a SWCV - and it is used only for all SAP objects like importin gobjects -Idocs/RFC etc. So that you have all Idocs/RFCs are imported under one SWCV .

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Moorthy

former_member192029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

if you installed webAS, go to http://<hostname>:<port>/sld default user name & pwd : admin/admin

go to technical system, select the type as webas abap and create entries.

You can also do the same from XI server.

Cheers

Jawahar Govindaraj