cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PC 3.0 processes and controls

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Forum guru's,

We are in the process of configuring PC 3.0 running on Netweaver 7.01. I've managed to get the SOX and FDA regulation to work. However, I would like to configure a few automated controls with automated test rules from the ERP system.

I notice that under Regulation SOX, on the portal, one cannot create any new controls or processes.

I CAN create processes and controls under Global Compliance Office instead, however, I don't see the planner and Control rule assignment buttons under the Global Compliance Office, I do see it under the SOX regulation though.

Do I need to create a brand new regulation or can I just amend the SOX regulation?

Just to confirm, I do have access to all the necessary pc roles on the portal.

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Prevo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prevo,

The info I gave in previous post holds good for any regulation, not only SOX.

While adding a subprocess, you can select the controls which needed to be pulled into the regulation. If you want to add NEW controls, you need to create them in Global Compliance Office and repeat the process of adding subprocess again. While adding the subprocess, you can select the new controls. Let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks guys, the information supplied has answered my query.

Cheers,

Prevo.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Prevo,

You cannot create new processes or controls under a Regulation. You can add a subprocess to a regulation under

SOX->Compliance Structure->Processes and Controls. When you add a subprocess, the controls under it will also come into the regulation. Hope this is clear, let me know if you need any more details.

Thanks & Regards,

Venky.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venky,

Thank you for your response and that makes total sense. I have now created a customer specific regulation which I would like to add "customer-specific" processes and controls.

When I add a subprocess to a regulation under SOX->Compliance Structure->Processes and Controls, does it pull in the controls from the global compliance office? Also, if I wanted to add new controls, do I define it under the Global compliance Office and will it then pull in a subprocess under the custom regulation?

Your assistance is highly appreciated.

Rgds,

Prevo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prevo,

as soon as the subprocess from the central process catalogue is assigned to an organizational unit under your regulation the subprocess owner is able to create new controls under this subprocess. These controls are only local objects for this specific subprocess and you don't have to apply these changes in the central catalogue.

Regarding your question if you can create your own compliance initiative or if you can rename SOX e. g. my recommendation is to create a new regulation and not to rename the content delivered by SAP.

There documentation available in the RKT material and in the BPX community how to do that:

Service Marketplace:

service.sap.com/rkt -> SAP BusinessObjects GRC Solutions -> SAP BO Process Control 3.0 -> Solution Consultant -> Multiple Compliance Framework -> ...

BPX (a new how-to guide "Process Control 3.0_How to Setup Multiple Regulations in Portal.doc" will be published soon):

Kind regards, Jürgen