cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable To Create Stylesheet Transformation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm currently trying to use the servlet feature of MII through an irpt page. I have tride simply to display a result of a sql query using a default stylesheets.

The Html code inside the irpt looks like this :

<SERVLET NAME="Illuminator">

<HR>

Illuminator Content Here

<HR>

<PARAM NAME= "QueryTemplate" VALUE="JGLO/tests/QueryTest">

<PARAM NAME= "Stylesheet" VALUE="JGLO/WEB/tests/IllumRowsetTable.xsl">

<PARAM NAME= "Content-Type" VALUE="text/html">

</SERVLET>

This is code is generated by the assistant inside the workbench so I guess it should work like this...

But it doesn't. apparently the query is well executed but the xsl is not loaded.

All I got is a brut MII XML formated answer (containing the data I would like to display by the way) and a message at the end : "Unable To Create Stylesheet Transformation .

does anyone have a clue on what would be wrong ?

For information, i'm using the 12.1 version of MII.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This should be all you need (assuming the path is case proper): /XMII/CM/JGLO/tests/IllumRowsetTable.xsl

I would also use text/xml for your Content-Type since the query is what needs to produce the xml, and the xsl itself produces the html.

For a control test you could also use the following: /XMII/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetTable.xsl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answers.

I tried the url inside my browser. No problem : it launches the download of the xsl file. I have also tried with the complete URL inside the server tag and also with the "text/xml". (and with the <hr> tag outside the servlet). The result is exactly the same with the xsl located at /XMII/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetTable.xsl

But it still doesn't work.

In the server log I see 2 errors when I try to acces the irpt page.

it says :

java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect

and :

Unable to read XSL document [http://'server'/XMII/CM/JGLO/tests/IllumRowsetTable.xsl

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a problem with the connection to the database, i guess your password is incorrect or your account has been locked.

Try to run the query in the workbench, and see if you can get i up and running.

First try to run the servlet without any stylesheet parameter and se if you get any output, and if you do then try with the default stylesheet /XMII/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetTable.xsl.

BR

Jens

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use the servlet without giving a stylesheet parameter, the query is well executed.I receive the actual response formatted in MII XML.

According to me, the problem (at less the visible part of it) is that the servlet cannot retrieve the xsl file.

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What specific version: 12.1.? build ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The servlet is now properly working.

I use the following syntax :

<PARAM NAME= "Stylesheet" VALUE="/XMII/Stylesheets/IllumRowsetTable.xsl">

<PARAM NAME= "Content-Type" VALUE="text/xml">

</SERVLET>

it seems the problem I got was linked to the usage of a proxy. I tried a direct acces to the MII server and the problem simply disappeared. As this server is simply for testing prupose I don't want to go further for the moment.

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

try to se if you can locate the stylesheet in your browser by typing the url.

example: http://server:50000/XMII/CM/JGLO/tests/IllumRowsetTable.xsl

(replace server with you servername or IP)

Then paste the working url into the value parameter for Stylesheet.

Otherwise look in to the NW log. http://server:50000/nwa -> Log Viewer.

And keep the HR tags outside the Server tag, only PARAMS tags allowed here.

<HR>
Illuminator Content Here
<HR>
<PARAM NAME= "Stylesheet" VALUE="http://server:50000/XMII/CM/JGLO/tests/IllumRowsetTable.xsl">
<PARAM NAME= "Content-Type" VALUE="text/html">
</SERVLET>

BR

Jens

Edited by: Jens Kyed on Jan 19, 2010 2:13 PM