cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HA with Windows 2008, additional MSCS node configuration failed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am installing ECC6SR3 on MS windows 2008 cluster (on SQL Server 2008). SID is BO3.

DB cluster group finished successfully.

The first steps of SAP cluster group also successful:

1. ASCS instance (with virtual hostname) on node1

2. First MSCS Node on node1

3. Database on node1

On fourth step, additional MSCS node, I started the installation on node2 (with all cluster groups active on node1). After enter the SAP instance parameters:

SAP System ID: BO3

Instance Number: 00

Virtual Instance Host: NBOASAPGRP

I got error message:

An error occurred attempting to bring the 'SAP BO3 FileServer' cluster resource online. Error ID: '5007'. The cluster resource could not be found.

The cluster group "SAP BO3" is set up (according to SAP docu and first MSCS finished successfully) and acitve. Strange, it tries to bring 'SAP BO3 FileServer' online.

Could you give help? Thanks a lot.

By the way, we patched SAP kernel and control.xml according to Note 1152240 already.

I tried to switch cluster group "SAP BO3" to second node, but got error message "the specified cluster node is not the owner of the group, or the node is not a possible owner of the group".

regards,

Rongfeng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks everybody paying attention to this message. The problem is now solved. It is in fact my mistake. The resource file server under group "SAP BO3" should be named as "SAP BO3 FileServer", but it was named as "SAP BO3".

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You. 10 points to you.

It help me a lot

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Many Thanks for sharing

Solved for me too

Regards

Vijay

Former Member