cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate flight recorder

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm configuring solution manager (SOLMAN_SETUP) and in the step activate flight recorder, the customizong documentation says:

Use

On the managed system the flight recorder needs to be enabled by adding a parameter to the J2EE instance profile.

Requirements

The managed system is a J2EE based system or a dual stack with ABAB and Java. Skip this check in all other cases.

Default Settings

Activities

Set the following profile parameter:

jstartup/recorder = java -classpath ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap/launcher.jar com.sap.engine.offline.OfflineToolStart com.sap.engine.flightrecorder.core.Collector ../j2ee/cluster/bootstrap -node %nodeID% %startTime% -bz $(DIR_GLOBAL) u2013exitcode %exitcode%

On a dual stack system you can use transaction RZ10 to maintain the profile parameter, on a J2EE only system you need to enter the parameter manually to the J2EE instance profile in the file system.

Attention: As this parameter exceeds one line in transaction RZ10, please ensure the line breaks and that no additional characters (like a space) are added to the parameter when you insert the string.

The problem is that the system is not a dual stack, it is only ABAP, and I have installed the Diagnostic agent DAA. So, how can I add the profile parameter? How do I add the parameter in the J2EE instance profile if there isn't a Java instance?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is not a dual stack, why you need to activate flight recorder? Flight recorder is used to capture the state of the system when the J2EE crashes. The flight recorder will give the DB status, thread activities, instance.properties file etc of the time when the J2EE crashed.

Rajeev.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rajeev,

As you can see, I don't know what flight recorder is for. I'm configuring solman without knowing what are the 90% of what I'm doing. I hope I'll learn them when it begun working.

Regards,

Ana

RajeevP
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can get an overview about flight recorder from the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_sm32/helpdata/de/56/a945412c98f323e10000000a155106/content.htm

For more details, you might be intersted in reading about E2E Exception Analysis documents or SAP Course E2E100.

Rajeev

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Rajeev Puthanpura:

I'm all inquiries about this knowledge about flight recorder , so I opened the connection URL, but found that it was not available, can you  give me a new one , thank you very much

Huo