cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SD - Sales BOM unusual business scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I would like to know is that possible that in SAP to create the the BOM highlevel (mother) material number with no quantity needed (this particular material number always zero qty)? which means that the BOM highlevel material number used as a dummy material code for reporting purposes.

1) created a sales BOM with material A and child materials are A1 and A2

2) MM master MM01 already maintained item category to ERLA

3) VA01 sales order creation BOM able to explode

4) highlevel(mother A) line item with material number shown BUT without qty in order qty column.

5) 2 sub items (child - A1 and A2) exploded A1 - order is qty 1 and A2 - order qty is 1

6) SO document SAVED. SO number #123 created.

7) VL01N with reference to the SO number #123.

😎 PGI done ,able to issue A1 and A2 respectively reduce the inventory with qty 1 each.

Vice versa for return sales order

1) user return the material A entered in SO. (regardless of return partial A1 only or A2 only / fully return A1 and A2 ) SO must able to be created #987.

2) VL01N with reference to the RSO #987. Based on partial or full return, the inventory increase is based on sub item(child level - A1 / A2), the high item is ZERO.

3) If child level sub item A1 return qty 1 then system increase the A1 qty balance.

Thank you.

Regards,

Yong Kok Wah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

CLOSED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yong

As you discribed scenario for BOM and returns.

It is possible

Create sales order BOM & explode in sales order

Carry delivery & invoice creation.

Now take this materials return.

If any quiry revert back.

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil,

My concern is what are the related configuration end to end have to carry out in the process as i mentioned regardless of SD or MM. I believe material number creation is related to MM control with zero qty all the time.

The point is from SO to DO with zero qty issue at high level item as well as return sales order. How to control or this particular material code (highlevel item)?

Thanks

Regards,

Yong Kok Wah