cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A few questions regarding SAP decentralized warehouse management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Good day to all of you. I have been reading about the SAP Decentralized Warehouse Management System, unfortunately I am no expert when it comes to the more functional side of SAP implementation. So I was wondering I can ask a few questions for the sake of clarifications of the SAP dWMS.

1. What does SAP offer as a product for dWM? Is it a u201Cspecialu201D installation of the SAP framework dedicated to WM or is it a standard ECC box where only the WM module is used?

2. My understanding is that the interfaces between ERP and dWM can support some non-real time operations (like when the main ERP system is down, the dWM can still perform some operations). Considering that the transactional interfaces are based on BAPIs, how does SAP achieve this interfacing in non-real time environments? I am thinking you can complete the different processing unless both systems are up

I hope to hear from your feedback soon regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. What does SAP offer as a product for dWM? Is it a u201Cspecialu201D installation of the SAP framework dedicated to WM or is it a standard ECC box where only the WM module is used?

There are two version of DWM. One is Decentralized WM as a part of ECC and another one is EWM as a part of SCM. Both are decentralized.

2. My understanding is that the interfaces between ERP and dWM can support some non-real time operations (like when the main ERP system is down, the dWM can still perform some operations). Considering that the transactional interfaces are based on BAPIs, how does SAP achieve this interfacing in non-real time environments? I am thinking you can complete the different processing unless both systems are up

When it comes to interfaces, DWM needs Deliveries from ERP. That's it, WM can function from there independent of ERP system. But, WM defenitely needs to communicate back PGI and PGR and other posting changes . So, in case ERP is down, even though PGI / PGR is done at WM end, they may not be communicated back to ERP. But WM generates PGI/PGR IDOCs which can always be reprocessed at WM end to resend them to ERP so that Inventory levels are accurate.

Hope that helps

Thanks

Vinod.