cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Proxy

Former Member
0 Kudos

I just want to learn what a proxy is?

I have an R/3 System and an XI system. Could some one guide me bring a simple scenario and what are all the steps that I need to do, to start with a very basic scenario.

(For example, let us say I want to send my Name using the Proxy to XI and to a file system)

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

As per your requirement,here below I given a link which is SDN live demo tv which is given by wipro poc to watch this you need window media player9.

<a href="https://media.sdn.sap.com/SDNTV/main.asp?mediaId=100">click here</a>

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you can try file to r3 via proxy

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/14/file-to-r3-via-abap-proxy

this weblog is a complete how to I believe

Regards,

michal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Michal.

Krishna : I have question for you based on the blog 1387.

The Author says XI100 is the Server. Where we Develop our Design Time objects, then XI-105 which is the Sender System, where we are going to Generate the PROXY using the transaction SPROXY. (Atleast the First Picture tells the above point)

But see the comments BELOW the Screen shot-2.

After the message interface is developed in the integration repository, proxy is generated on the client 100 using SPROXY transaction. SPROXY transaction lists all the message interfaces in the integration repository. We have to choose our message interface Proxy_Interface_OB and click Create.

Could you please clarify me.

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

Proxies are generated in the Application Systems(R/3/SRM ..etc) Not in Integration Server (XI Abap Stack).

I think this clarifies your doubt.

All the interfaces created in the Integration Repository are displayed in the associated Application System(in SPROXY transaction). TO happen this, you need to configure RFC destinations (Http) etc . It is there in configuration guide. Just for quick reference

/people/vijaya.kumari2/blog/2006/01/26/how-do-you-activate-abap-proxies

If it answered, please close the thread

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Krishna, thanks a lot.

But as per the Blog, I am still confused. I know that Proxy is going to be generated in the Application System and not in the XI side.

But the Blog you have presented earlier has put me in the state of confusion and I am still hanging their.

Thanks a lot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

Proxies are generated on Application systems.

But if you have a two clients on XI system then you can use one of the client as application system and generate the proxy. But you cannot generate a proxy on a client which is defined as Integration server. Generating proxy on the one of the client on XI system is possible because in SLD each client is treated as a seperate business system and a role is assigned to it (Application system or Integration server.

Regards

Anand

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rohini,

CHeck this SAP help-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/48/d5a1fe5f317a4e8e35801ed2c88246/content.htm

Check this blog- for your example-

/people/ravikumar.allampallam/blog/2005/03/14/abap-proxies-in-xiclient-proxy

REgards,

Moorthy