cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum Reimbursement of Miles/Kms Per Certain Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

How to limit that a user can only get reimbursed for certain Miles/Kms in every single month?

For example, a user can only reimburse up to 1000 Miles/Kms in each month.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

If I have understood your requirement correctly, you want to put a check so that if user wants to reimburse more than 1000 miles/Km for in a month ,them system should not let it do.

As per my knowledge what we can do to achieve this as below:

1. Define period parameter as M (Monthly) at path Travel Expenses-> Trip Reimbursement Amounts -> Miles/Km Cumulation -> Define Period Parameters.

2. Define period as monthly at path Travel Expenses-> Trip Reimbursement Amounts -> Miles/Km Cumulation ->Define Periods.

3. Define cumulation procedure at path Travel Expenses-> Trip Reimbursement Amounts -> Miles/Km Cumulation ->Assign Cumulation Procedure for Vehicle Types/Classes

Choose u2018Cumulation according to period parameter and then u2019Employee independent period parameteru2019 and choose the period parameter M.

4. Now the table PTRV_KMSUM will accumulate the all the miles traveled by particular in a month.

You can put a check in User exit EXIT_SAPMP56T_002 using the data stored in PTRV_KMSUM that if it passes above 1000 miles/km show an error pop-up to user.

Hope this helps you!

Thanks,

Vaibhav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear vaibhav sharan,

Let's say we are using period parameter "M".

And I've defined two periods for this period parameter "M":

1) 01.05.2009 - 31.05.2009

2) 01.06.2009 - 30.06.2009

Then in the travel costs config, I've set the Miles/Kms Limit to 1000.

If an employee has traveled in two trips, as below:

Trip 1: From 10.05.2009 until 13.05.2009, traveled 900KM

Trip 2: From 06.06.2009 until 08.06.2009, traveled 300KM

In my system, Trip 2 cannot be entered into the system because the accumulated Miles/Kms is 1200KM while the limit is only 1000.

Is this the correct result?

Since I've entered two periods in the system, why the system take it as one?

And how could I make the cumulation reset for every period that I define so that the Miles/Kms Limit is for each period?

Thanks

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Please check the step 3. While defining the cumulation procedure, kindly re-check which period parameter has assigned to it

Do check entry in table PTRV_KMSUM. Does it calculating on monthly basis(period parameter).

Cheers,

Vaibhav