Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow created from an ASN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody.

Antecedents:

We are working in SRM without SUS and with extended classic scenario

Someone talked to me about next process, and I do not if it is available as standard SRM process or not.

Process flow:

Vendor send us an ASN (xml file), XI creates a shipping notification in SRM server, and could be possible to send a workflow to someone in order to accept or reject the shipping notification. Moreover if you accept it, the system create a confirm goods from shipping notification automatically.

Is it available this process in SRM without SUS? And with SUS?

Are there some blogs about this process?

In SPROXY transaction there are several message interface: DespatchedDeliveryNotification_In, ServiceAcknowledgementRequest_In…Could you indicate me the message type?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

SUS is not mandatory to create inbound XML documents.

Before SUS, we used Business Connector to create inboud XML GR or IV, via functions BBP_BC_*.

Standard inbound ASN in SRM will not create a GR (a confirmation) but just update the PO with ASN data (see function BBP_BC_SHIPMNTNOTIFICATION_ADD). This should correspond to the message DespatchedDeliveryNotification.

Standard inbound GR in SRM will create a confirmation (see function BBP_BC_CONF_CREATE ). I don't know which message is used in XI (ShippingConfirmation ?).

In SUS, the vendor creates a confirmation.

This will create an SRM confirmation, sent to requestor approval.

So this is your entry point in the system.

The problem is that there are some limitations when implementing SRM with extended classic scenario with SUS as described in the note: 543544.

<i>EBP Extended Classic Scenario not released for SUS: Scenario works for purchase order, purchase order response and change order with free text items but not for confirmation and invoice. If extended classic scenario is activated in EBP and you send a purchase order from EBP to SUS you can not send the confirmation and invoice with reference to this purchase order back to EBP. For purchase orders with items from product master this scenario is not yet supported at all.</i>

Ok this is valid for SUS/SRM scenario, but for you that means that inbound confirmation can only create local GR, not replicated to R/3.

So you will have to complete this process by yourself.

I did it years ago on an EBP3.5, using a ZBBP_BC_CONF_CREATE to make a backend PO assignment instead of a local one (like the online transaction).

Another solution is to use SRM CHANGE or SAVE BADI to trigger the confirmation replication to R/3.

Rgds

Christophe

PS: please reward points for helpfull answers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

yann_bouillut
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

Without SUS, you should be able to use the SRM Alert Management to issue alerts, messages or tasks.

You can read documentation :

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_srm50/helpdata/en/42/c8aaddd9cc6bb3e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Kind regards,

Yann

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raul,

As per my knowledge SUS is mandatory for this.

You need to have suppliers as business partners, after which they can log in in their SUS portal.

Process purchase orders.

Create shipping notification (ASN) specific to line items in PO.

This ASN is sent out in XML form.

XI converts it to IDOC which can be seen in tx WE05 when it reaches to R/3.

With correct settings (of confirmation control and acnlowledgement) it creates inbound delivery for particular line item of PO.

You can create GR in R/3 with MIGO or VL32.

BR

Dinesh