cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Confirmation Screen in FPM Application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a FPM application. In that I have added 3 steps and a confirmation screen.

In confirmation screen I have added 2 UIBB's from different components. When I test the application,

on confirmation screen only the 1st added UIBB is displayed and not the second one.

I dont understand why is this happening? It suppose to display both UIBB which is not happening.

Can anyone explain me on this matter ?

Thanks in advance...

Regards,

Vikrant

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've just had the same problem -

the UIBB that I included as the second UIBB in the confirmation screen appears quite happily in the main steps - just not on the confirm screen.

Very strange!

If/when you find a solution please do update the thread.

Thanks,

Chris

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've had a little look at the GAF code that retrieves the UIBBs from the configuration.

Although the configuration allows for multiple UIBBs in the confirm step - the code doesn't read it!

in method GET_UIBBS_FOR_EVENT of COMPONENTCONTROLLER for FPM_GAF_COMPONENT:

IF lv_lead_select_mainstep_indx GT lv_lead_selection_count. 
         lo_nd_confstep = lo_nd_variant->get_child_node( name = wd_this->wdctx_conf_step_view ).
          lo_el_confstep = lo_nd_confstep->get_element( ).
           IF NOT lo_el_confstep IS INITIAL.
            lo_el_confstep->get_static_attributes( IMPORTING static_attributes = ls_confstep ).
          lo_el_confstep->get_attribute( EXPORTING name = `Component` IMPORTING value = lv_conf_step_id ). "#EC NOTEXT 
             ls_target_state-confstep = lv_conf_step_id.{/code}
            ENDIF.
           lv_lead_select_mainstep_indx = lv_lead_select_mainstep_indx - 1.
        ENDIF.

NB only get_element( ) and not get_elements( ) with a loop around the elements in the configuration step context node.

So - I don't think we're going to have multiple UIBBs in our confirm screens without an support patch/note.

Suggest embedding the second UIBB in the first one you select.

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Chris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

You are right.

Though confirmation screen allows adding of multiple UIBBs, I think it is not meant for adding multiple UIBBs or it is a bug.

The reason is, when you click on any MAIN STEP, the attributes allows to input MAINSTEP ID and MAINSTEP NAME.

But in confirmation screen, if you click on CONFIRMATION STEP, those attributes are not seen seperately. Instead the

attribute TEXT is appearing when you click on the ATTRIBUTES button of any UIBB. Even when you change the value of

TEXT attribute of the second UIBB, the caption of the confirmation step changes according (on pressing enter key). This

shows the confimration screen is meant for only one UIBB and works for the first UIBB only. May be this is the reason why your

code didn't read the second UIBB.

about...

Suggest embedding the second UIBB in the first one you select.

Your suggestion is perfect for now. However, SAP needs to look into this and needs to provide some solution in terms of patch/note.

If you come to know of this, please dont forget to update this thread.

The another solution to this problem is that remove the confirmation step completely and add the CONFIRMATION SCREEN as

a MAIN STEP with multiple UIBBs as needed. And when you navigate to confimration screen, disable other existing main

steps except the CONFIRMATION SCREEN. This is slight easier and faster to achieve than embedding one component to

another. To achieve this you need to use following class and its method.

Class: CL_FPM_GAF
Method: IF_FPM_GAF~ENABLE_MAINSTEP (Instance Method to Enable/Unable certain roadmapsteps)
Method Parameters: IV_VARIANT (Importing: Variant ID)
                                 IV_MAINSTEP_ID (Importing: Mainstep ID)
                                 IV_ENABLED (Importing: Boolean: TRUE [='X'] and FALSE [=' '])

Regards,

Vikrant

Edited by: Vikrant Trivedi on Feb 13, 2010 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tested the same and its working fine for me.

added a confirmation screen and 2 UIBB's for it with one UIBB from different component.

It is showing me both the views.

Have you implemented the interface IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK in second UIBB ?

Regards

Manas Dua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manas,

Yes I have implemented IF_FPM_UI_BUILDING_BLOCK in both componets properly. If I add one UIBB at time in the confirmation screen, it displays them. But if I add both at a time, only the first UIBB is displayed.

Regards,

Vikrant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone answer this question?

Thomas, Can you?

Regards,

Vikrant