cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use Begin_SQL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

How can we make use of the BEGIN_SQL parameter in business Objects.

I tried using the BEGIN_ SQL and adding a u201CSet Query_Governor_Cost_ LIMIT 5u201D

Which can be executed through SQL server 2005 before executing any query.

However I am not use it through designer

I am not sure that whether we can use the above sentence and is it the sam format in which it is to be provided in the parameter list.

Any help\suggestions welcome

Business Objects 3.1

Sql server 2005

Regards

Kultar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

PPaolo
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Kultar,

If you are asking if the Begin_SQL is executed by Designer, the answer is no: the Begin_SQL is sent to the database only when you run a query with WebIntelligence.

John,

yes, @Variables are supported in Begin_SQL but no, we don't pass web session information.

If you want to use @Variable, just make sure that you wrap correctly with quotes and double quotes so that the string is correct at the end.

E.g. the following string:

set query_band='MyQB="@Variable('BOUser')";' for transaction;

will resolve to:

set query_band='MyQB=''Administrator'';' for transaction;

PPaolo

Edited by: Pierpaolo Vezzosi on Mar 12, 2010 12:09 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer would like to use BEGIN_SQL with Oracle queries...

1) It does not seem to be supported. No matter what I put in that parameter, does not show up in view SQL in WebI

2) Would this be valid synatax if it is supported, just dows not display in View SQL?

/* 'USER="@Variable('BOUSER')"; UNV="@Variable('UNVNAME')"; DOC=@Variable('DOCNAME')'*/

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are web session variables accessible via @variable (or any other means) within a Begin_SQL? In particular, we need to find the end-user's IP address.