cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Fork

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a Scenario using a fork step Which has 2 branches. The first branch consits of a Transformation and a send step with in a switch statement. The second branch consists of a Transforamtion, Send (synchronous), Send (synchronous) , Transformation and send step. The BPM starts with a Receive and followed by a Fork step.

The problem is whenever BPM receives a message, FORK is sending the message to the second branch and trying to execute the same branch if one of the step fails.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
The BPM starts with a Receive and followed by a Fork step

Any reason for having the above BPM design?

Normally we use Fork at the start when we receive messages from multiple senders.

Is your requirement to execute either of the branches (logic in branch1 or branch2)? If yes then you should use a Switch step. If your requirement is to execute the logic in both the branches then have the steps placed sequentially (steps of branch1 placed first and then of branch2 or vice-versa)....remove the fork then.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhishek,

The reason behind creating two branches, I need the first branch to be executed all the time.

Thanks,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If u need to execute first branch all the time , then keep all steps of first branch in sequence and then keep all steps in 2nd branch in sequence...

If u r problem is tht u r lossing received original data then use container toperation to save original data and then use it.

Regards,

Manisha

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I need the first branch to be executed all the time.

Then why include it in Fork? You can put them outside the Fork.....as mentioned in my earlier reply have the steps in the desired sequence.

Answers (0)