cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use a different receiver service in the Value Mapping?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have a value mapping where the receiver is different than the receiver at runtime.

Is there any way that i can use a different receiver service in the value mapping than the receiver at runtime?

any help would be appreciated

Thanks,

Srini

Edited by: Srinivas Reddy on Jan 19, 2010 4:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas

Is your receiver a SAP system(do you have IDOCs at receiver side).?

In this case value mapping can be used. Create your group in ID and use it in EDIDC40 receiver relavant fields(RCVPRN,RCVPFC,RCVPRT et all). Check the option Apply control record values from payload in your receiver IDOC channel.

But if you have anything else(other than IDOCs) at receiver side I would suggest you go for conditional routing in Receiver determination. Under conditopn select the xPath value and specify teh receiver system/service.

Regards

Soumen...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

In the receiver determination you could use conditional routing for the receiver. See the configured receivers section in the receiver determination. I'm assuming you already have a way (like a field value) to determine when a message should be routed to a different receiver.

Create a new condition. Then drill down into the condition editor & then use XPath to select the field in the source structure that determines the routing. Then add a condition against it: If field value = 'something' then route to Receiver A else route to Receiver B. This will route to the relevant receiver at runtime.

There are lots of blogs detailing the exact steps, try a search on SDN for enhanced receiver determination or something similar.

Regards, Trevor