Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOAP and JDBC adapter perfomance

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

May i know JDBC and SAOP adapter which one is the better choice in term of performance? Can soap adapter handle hug data? Please advice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

JDBC is used for communication with Database......SOAP is used for communicating with Webservice......looking at the functionality we cannot draw a comparison between these two.....we cannot call a WS using a JDBC adapter....similarly a DB wont be called using a SOAP adapter.

The comparison will hold good for IDOC/ RFC/ PROXY or SOAP/ HTTP adapters.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply. Let said i want to pull 10k of record from 3th party system, which adapter that you advice to use in term of performance. Just ignore the database or service.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Simplest and easiest would be FTP.

Please note that we need to look at performance of SOAP (and HTTP for that matter) for huge files, it sometimes seem to slow down.

JDBC on the other hand usually talks directly at the database level (which can be a security constraint).

You would be safe to use FTP if you want to pull huge file from third party system.

Thanks

Aamir

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can use HTTP,SOAP adapters,but once again it depends on thirdparty system,how its going to send request,like Webservice request ....

best way is writing JAVA proxy,perfromace point of view its beter choice.

Regards,

Raj

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As usggested by Aamir, using a file adapter will be useful...when huge files are to be transported and when the protocol permits use file channel....similarly if it is the SAP system then PROXY would be the answer.

Regards,

Abhishek.

former_member568822
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for the reply. I only have an option whether to use JDBC or soap adapter. Which one is better to handle huge data?

Thanks.

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SOAP adapter ,as per my experience.

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We downloaded one document (with size of 8 - 10 MB) using the SOAP adapter and didnt find any major problem....just that it took some time to download the document from the server.....no personal experience with JDBC for such a big size.....so even if your XI system (hardware) is capable enough then i would suggest SOAP.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Eevryone has alredy give + and - points for both adapter. However I would like to recommend SOAP adapter for one important reason.

SOAP adapter works on trigger/push basis however JDBC /File adapter works on poll basis. That means if you use JDBC/File adapter, XI thread will always be engaged as per your frequency o rpolling interval specified in channel/channel schedule.

This case will not be there with SOAP as web service will push data to PI. Hence load on server will always be less and performance will be better.

-Gouri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Both adapter functionality different,but both adapter can handle huge data,

SOAP adapter secured one and it supports huge data ,most of the times we use SOAP adapter to call webservices.

JDBC adapter supports to send/retrieve data from Data Base,even it supports huge data updates,but some times we face some issues with JDBC adapter (Performance(,to solve this issue writing optimizing queries wil solve the problem.

but comparision point of view we cant say,tell me your requirement,so that i wl help you which one fit for your requirement.

Regards,

Raj