cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer/material tax classifcation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the customer and material tax classification is defined in customer and material masters. They are further copied into sales order.

1) I like to know where I can see the customer tax classification and material tax classification in sales order ?

2) There is also a field in sales order called "Alt tax classification", with three small columns. What it is for and where data comes into these columns ?

regds

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You cannot see Customer Tax Classification Sale Order but you can see in Billing document. Go to VF02, key in the billing document and execute. There against the billilng date, to right you can see a red lens. Click that and drag the mouse to down. You can see customer tax classification there.

For material, both in sale order and billing document, you can see the same. In sale order, double click the material code and again click on the tab "Billing Document". The same case for billing document too.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks....

Pls can you help with the below too

1 )In the customer master, we define the country and the tax category and the cust tax calssifctaion............Now i request you to pls tell that the country in this case is the receiving country in the customer master ??? Am i right

2 )In the material master, we also maintain country, tax category and mat tax calssification....Now is the country in this case in mat master, the dispacting country ?

3) Do I need to mainatin condition records for tax category based on dispatching counrty plus the receving country and mat and cust tax calssification..........I mean is it necessary to mention both the countries in the condition records even if it is a domestic sales and the delivery country and receiving country is same ??

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
.Now i request you to pls tell that the country in this case is the 
    receiving country in the customer master ??? Am i right

System will consider Ship To Party region for tax determination if it is domestic scenario and country if it is exports scenario.

we also maintain country, tax category and mat tax calssification....Now 
    is the country in this case in mat master, the dispacting country ?

Here system will not consider country for material tax determination

Do I need to mainatin condition records for tax category based on 
    dispatching counrty plus the receving country

As I said above, if yours is exports scenario, yes, in VK11 for condition type UTXJ, you need to maintain a tax code (which should be zero output tax) for the combination of Country / Country / TaxCl.Cus / TaxCl.Mat. On the other hand, if it is domestic scenario, you can see a combination of Country / Plant / PlantRegion / Region / TaxCl.Cus / TaxCl.Mat. Based on these combinations, tax will be determined.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

1) I like to know where I can see the customer tax classification and material tax classification in sales order ?

>>>> Material tax clss

Item data >>> Billing document >>> Billing >>> Tax classification

2) There is also a field in sales order called "Alt tax classification", with three small columns. What it is for and where data comes into these columns ?

>>> Alt.tax classific - Alternative tax clasification, mean if u want to put another alternative classification, manually

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just adding on point#2

-

> Based on the Customer and Material Tax combinations, the tax rates are determined automatically in the sales order. Now if you want to change the tax rates in the sales order, you need to change the Tax classifications manually in the sales order using Alternative tax clasifications.

Thanks

Isaac

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi kaildev......it is not there ..I cannot see the menu path you have mentioned.

there is no path called item data--

billing document
billing
---tax classification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In the sales order you can see the customer tax classification and material tax classification as below

T-code VA02 and Goto --->Item --Billing document in that tab you can view the material tax classifications

Regards

Damu

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Issac for point no 1......it is not there ..I cannot see the menu path Kapildev has mentioned for this post .

a )there is no path called item data--

billing document
billing
---tax classification...... where can i see the cust/mat tax calssifctaion in sales order

b) aslo I need to know the following.

1 )In the customer master, we define the country and the tax category and the mat tax calssifctaion............Now i request you to pls tell that the country in this case is the delivery country ??? Am i right

2 )In the material master, we also maintain country, tax category and mat tax calssification....Now is the country in this case in mat master, the dispacting country ????/

3) Do I need to mainatin condition records for tax category based on dispatching counrty plus the receving country and mat and cust tax calssification..........I mean is it necessary to mention both the countries in the condition records even if it is a domestic sales and the delivery country and receiving country is same.