cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating a shared library to reuse web service proxies

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would like to have your advice on if this is at all possible using Netweaver CE 7.1 .

We are thinking of having a Software component which has all our web service client proxies .

The proxies would be packaged in a Shared library which could be used by other web applications (web modules) deployed in other software components.

The other client applications would just call the service proxies by using simple java classes from the shared library.

The idea is to have a facade to the web service layer so that changes to the web services only impact that layer...

Did anyone do it or has any suggestions ?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thierry

I think that it's hardly possible to put web service client proxies in shared library (JAR) if we are talking about deployable proxies. Deployable web service client proxy shall be implemented either in Web module or in EJB module projects. It's because Deployable client proxy is a J2EE/JEE application and NW Java server will threat the applications differently then simple Java library. Server will put the application in Web container which will be responsible for proper processing and configuration facilities for the application.

So in case of deployable web service client proxy the only possible way is to put your service facade in the same application within the proxy. All other applications will share the client proxy project with the facade inside.

For a dynamic client proxy I think it's possible to implement exactly what you want. However, implementation of dynamic web-service proxy is not as simple task as generating deployable proxy. The efforts you'll spend on dynamic web-service proxy implementation will cross out all the benefits you are going to achieve from the facade.

BR, Siarhei