cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Service Action Block

Former Member
0 Kudos

I currenlty have a web service action block that I created using the configuration wizard. This allows me to choose the url, username, password, port and method. I have a situation where I have the same web service hosted on a dev, qa and production servers. In order to reuse the web service action block can I dynamically change the WSDLurl parameter each time the block is called ? If so, this would allow me to remove some duplicate code.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are experiencing this exact same issue in 12.1. Is there a patch we need to install in order for this issue to be removed? We are currently running 12.1.5.7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue here, we are running SAP xMII Version 12.0.9 Build(7). Another strange thing is that when I use a repeater to loop through Web Service Action Block output, I only get empty values. I've checked the returned xml and it is not empty.

Regards,

David

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did get it to work after removing the url from the configuration. Not the most intiuitive method, but it works. It seems odd that the wizard still completes even though the url is empty.

Thanks again

Glenn

Edited by: Glenn Doherty on Jan 19, 2010 3:29 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I open again this old post because there's something strange in Web Service Action block after applying SP11 for MII 12.0.

Every time I run the wizard (even with blank WSDL Base URL, because we change the URL dynamically in the 'Link' section) an output variable with the same name is generated ...

Is someone experiencing the same strange issue?

At runtime, however, it seems to work fine

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone successfully executed running of web service with dynamic URL n get the expected result?

I tried same but failed each time. Is the same possible whn running over 12.2.3 build (165)

Each time - i try to run it giving the RFC input along, it throws error.

But if i dont give any input param - it runs fine....

Is this the way it works?

advance thanks all , pls guide!

Regards

RB

Edited by: RB2010 on Feb 5, 2012 7:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand SP 9 fixed this issue, but I'm unable to get it to work. Here's the steps I followed:

1) Create web service action block

2) Used web serivce wizard to set URL, Username, password, port and opertion

3) In links, set web service parameters and WSDLurl

4) When I execute the block it appears to always execute against the configured URL not the one in the links.

Am I missing something, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glenn,

did you provide the URL in the Link or in the Config Dialog? Also remove after your development the URL in the Config Dialog of

your WebService Actionblock. Please provide it on the LInk and let me know (on our box works fine).

BR

Pedro

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Jan 18, 2010 11:20 PM

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Jan 18, 2010 11:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Pedro,

Thanks for your quick response. We just installed SP 9 so it looks like everything should work fine.

Thanks Again

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Glenn,

if you have xMII 12 .0, then you need to update your system to minimum SP 8 Patch1. This will fix

the issue that you describe. Take a look on this [Note|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1kZSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1382184&nlang=D&smpsrv=https%3a%2f%2fwebsmp201%2esap-ag%2ede].

I would also suggest you to install the lastest SP and Patch. Latest is SP9 Patch 2. Look on the SMP and read also the Info Files.

BR

Pedro Iglesias

Edited by: Pedro Iglesias on Jan 18, 2010 9:54 PM