cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem setting up Central User Administration

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm having an issue setting up CUA successfully. I have all of the systems setup in SALE, all of the RFC's are working properly, all green lights setting up and saving the child system in SCUA. When I create a new user in the Central system, I have the new, "Systems" tab. I choose the child system, then go into Roles but everytime I try to add a role, I get the error, "Role Z_* does not exist in system QASCLNT300 (child). I've executed the, "Text comparison from child sys" several times. I choose QASCLNT310 (Central) for the Receiving system, execute and get a green light for, "Central System QASCLNT310:OK". I am still unable to add any roles to the child client and the roles definately exist in the child client.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rupali_karbhari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Bob,

If this issue is frequent you can schedule jobs to syncorinise role information from chid to central system:

1.You execute the report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES in the central system using transaction SA38, or schedule it regularly as a background job to collect the changed roles and profiles from the child system. You can specify the receiving system using the input help

2. You execute the report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES in the child system using transaction SA38, or schedule it regularly as a background job to send the changed roles and profiles to the central system. You can leave the input fields empty, as the data of the child system is always sent to the central system, regardless of the entries.

Hope this will help you but advisable is to re-confiure CUA again because it should not prompt for text comparion unless frequent role creation is occuring.

Cheers,

Rupali Bajpai

Former Member
0 Kudos

After deleting and rebuilding the Model view, everything worked as it should.