cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI and PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have 2 boxes : XI and PI. Can I connect it to the same ECC system?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

How do you plan to connect ECC to XI/PI? What is the purpose of the connection?

If you wish to connect via proxies, then it will not be possible to connect ECC to an XI and PI system at the same time. This is due to limitations in the required configuration on the ECC. You must point the ECC to one XI/PI system.

If you wish to connect, using any of the XI adapters e.g. file, rfc, soap etc then you can connect ECC to both the XI and the PI system.

Regards

Mark

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

Thanks.

We plan to use regular XI / PI adapters ,Rosettanet and RFCs and no proxies

Regards

Edited by: Nitin.Tyagi on Jan 18, 2010 10:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey

Yes, you can connect one ECC system to multiple XI/PI systems long as you are not using Proxy

I do remember that there is a work around via which you can connect the systems via Proxy as well, guess you need to be on PI 7.1 and put some patch etc for this.

Thanks

Aamir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tyagi,

Kindly let us know if you have connected your ECC system to both XI and PI as we are having a similar requirement.

Aamir, Kindly share with us the information on work around and patches required for integration via proxy.

Thanks - Santosh.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

agasthuri_doss
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tyagi,

>Can I connect it to the same ECC system?

Is it in the same network, If that so Technically yes but need to Switch from XI to PI as per the requirement, Hence it is advicable to go ahead with one PI or XI with ECC connection in SXMB_ADM

Cheers

Agasthuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes in the same netwrok.

We want to make some traffic flow via XI and some via PI, so basically connect to same ECC system. I did not understand about switching from XI to PI ? We want to simultaneously keep both systems active ( XI and PI ).