SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is Consumable Budget / Payment Budget and Commitment Budget

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Could you please help me understand the purpose & Difference of

1. Consumable Budget

2. Payment Budget

3. Commitment Budget

Best Regards

Abishay Solomon

4 REPLIES 4

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payment and commitment budget are two different budget layers which can be managed within FM. The update of both budget by actuals will be set by defining proper update profile. Consumable budget is the budget which is relevant for consumption; you can define consumable budget to be different from your overwhole budget entered. For example, certain budget types could be considered as non-consumable.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

Thanks for the reply, I understand that the entire purpose cannot be explained. Could you share with me any link which will help me understand the purpose and the situation in which the above mentione budget can be used.

Best Regards

Abishay Solomon

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can only refer you to the sap.help which is quite complete:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/f0/ca33a5260211d28a430000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Abishay,

The distinction lies in the type of documents that are updated in FM and when AVC kicks in.

Payments (e.g. cleared invoices) are checked against the payment budget; Commitment documents are checked against the commitmet budget. An organiztion can have a different pmt budget and a diffferent commitment budget based on their cash flow structure.

Additionally, check this out ths discussion:

Hope this helps.

A