SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exempting Commitment Item from Budget Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I wish to exempt few commitment items from budget check. for example, if there are 10 (1,2,3.....10) commitment items and out of which I want budget check to happen in BCS for only 4 commitment item ( 4, 7,9,10) and for the remaining there shouldn't be any check.

Please suggest how this scenario can be achieved in BCS and the relevant config's to be looked at.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Best Regards

Abishay Solomon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define tolerance profile which will give no error message, even if the budget is exceeded. The, via derivation strateggy for tolerance profiles assign these commitment items to this profile. Alternatively, you can define these commitment items as statistical; the consequence, though, that there will be no entry in FM tables on these commitment items (only totals will be updated).

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Define tolerance profile which will give no error message, even if the budget is exceeded. The, via derivation strateggy for tolerance profiles assign these commitment items to this profile. Alternatively, you can define these commitment items as statistical; the consequence, though, that there will be no entry in FM tables on these commitment items (only totals will be updated).

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I have done excatly what you have recommended, but i need to ask you, if I need to create a new Control ledger apart from 9H to meet the requirement.

Best regards

Abishay Solomon

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, why should you?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

I have 2 Tolerance Profile - 1000 and Z001, the 1000 is a regular profile which is configured to give error message and Z001 is the new profile created to meet the requirement without any message.

In Step "Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects" my settings are as below, i have maintained the below setting, where do I mention the Z001 Tolerance profile in this configuration, system will not allow me to maintain Z001.

FM Area - 1000

Control Ledger - 9H

Fiscal Year - 2010

TP for Availability Control - 1000

Stratergy for deriving Tolerance Profiles - 9H1000

Stratergy for deriving Control Object - 9H1000

Determination of grant in Control Objects - Grant Not Used in Control Objects

Please advice.

Best regards

Abishay Solomon

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You create a strategy for Z001 profile via 'Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles'.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eli,

what should be my configuration in step : Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects,

I have only one ledger "9H" and 2 tolerance profile called 1000 and Z001,

please refer to my earlier reply.

Best regards

Abishay Solomon

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The configuration mentioned in your previous thread is OK for this step. In your derivation strategy for profiles, you have to define the rules under which Z001 is selected (make sure that the new value overwrites the existing one).

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configuration mentioned in your previous thread is OK for this step. In your derivation strategy for profiles, you have to define the rules under which Z001 is selected (make sure that the new value overwrites the existing one).

I have maintained a derivation strategy for profile as below

"Control Ledger/FM Area/Commitment Item > Tolerance profile"

Source fields

ALDNR - Control Ledger - 9H

FM_AREA - Financial Management Area - 1000

RCMMTITEM - Commitment Item - 4211100010

Traget fields

TOLPROF - Tolerance Profile for Availability Control - Z001

when i test system is take profile 1000 instead of Z001.

Please assist as it is create a delay in project.

Regards

Abishay Solomon

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As I said, check that you overwrite the existing profile with the new one (button 'Details' next to the target field in the strategy). If you want to check your strategy, put a trace on it and make a posting.