cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of sales boms where parent/child relevant for picking on delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

We want to be able to create a sales bom using existing part numbers for the top level item. The pricing will be at the top level item. Both the top level and lower level items would need to be visibile on the delivery and relevant for picking. We would prefer not to have to create new top level part numbers for the sales bom.

Is it possible to create a sales bom, with pricing at the top level item and have both the top and lower level items relevant for picking?

Thanks,

Auli

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I understood your post correctly, you want to create Sales BoM with Main item level pricing ,but picking should occur for both main item & Sub item.

By customizing sub item's delivery item category, you can achieve this, but before suggesting,I would like to know, when your pricing @ main item level ( nothing but, dispatch happening @ main item), again why you want to pick the goods for sub item?

Can you elabarote your complete requirement??Would be more helpful to provide any inputs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have an existing material A, that when the customer orders it, they would like to give material B with it at no charge.

Material B is ian inventoried item and can be ordered separately. We need to be able to provide visibility to this item on our shipping documents so that our shippig department will know to pick material B to go with mateiral A and to provide visiblity to all requirements for this material.

Thanks,

Auli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Auli,

I am not able to understand exactly where you are facing the problem.

You have stored master of BOM and assigned material B to material A.

Now do you really need BOM because you have mentioned in your query that they would like to give material B as no charge material.

So i donu2019t think so BOM will be usefull because if you use BOM then your material B will come always.

Its better you put manually material B in the sales order when ever you want to give free.

Now for pricing create new item category and assigned it with the following characters.

Sales document type + item category group + item category at higher level.

Sales document type will be same which you are using it.

Then item category group will be which you have assigned to your material B in MM01.

Then item category at higher level will be item category determined by the sales order for the material A.

Now go to your item category which you have created and change the setting for the pricing in the item category which is newly created.

Pricing should be no pricing.

Save this setting and check you result and let me know.

Regards

Raj.