cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shipment document based on Sales order

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a requirement to be able to calculate freight for customer orders based on the point of departure, point of destination, service level and weight of the product.

I have addressed all the requirements by implementing the shipment/SCD for the request. The business would like to be able to quote the customer and finalize that shipping cost during order entry and if possible have the freight charge on the order confirmation. In other word they are requesting that the freight be calculated for the sales order and not for the delivery due to minimum charges that would be charged multiple times if the delivery is split.

We can achieve this only if the freight is calculated based on the sales order rather than delivery. Does anyone know if this is possible or if there is any user exit that is provided to achieve this request?

Thank you for any inputs.

Regards,

Anup

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think that is a good solution as there will be numerous instance when there will be partially deliveries and also unavailability of stock for goods issue.Also when forwarding to a freight carrier you would like to send a complete shipment and not partial quantities.If you uses single unit sales orders to determine freight then you really dont need transportation module.

The best solution would be to convince business on using the current design and also since you have freight forwarders it will be tough to pass on edi based on sales order freight.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your response:

We do not send orders to freight forwarders for picking. All we want to use this is to charge customers for freight based on the following criteria:

- Calculation based on distance (from shipping point) to destination (ship-to) - One order can be shipped from multiple shipping points

- Weight of the product * quantity (Total weight of the line)

- Type of shipment (1 day, 2 day, 3 day or ground) (maintained using shipping conditions)

I am open to any suggestions.

Thank you