cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug - sap-wd-flashDebug=X ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP Web AS 7.01 SAPKB70104

Running the WDA with URL parameter sap-wd-flashDebug=X does not include the <flexapplication>-debug.swf uploaded into the WDA MIMES.

As from the help I uploaded the debug version of the flex application to the MIMES folder adding the suffix -debug.

First of all the MIMES upload returns an error message KWUI055 The name contains the unpermitted character u2013 that I can skip only in ABAP debugging replacing variables at runtime.

Then in the FlashIsland UI Control I specify as swfFile "IslandsTestDateFormat.swf" and I upload the file "IslandsTestDateFormat-debug.swf".

I'm still getting the WDA with the grey Flex frame but no way to get the useful Copy Source, Copy Log command via right click.

In the comments of the blog [Adobe Flash Islands For Web Dynpro ABAP - eLearning|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/11900] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken]; there are interesting information but the seem related to WDJ, if I am not wrong.

Any help is appreciated.

Sergio

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You should defintely report these issues to support. The sap-wd-flashDebug=X should defintely load the debug version of your component and you should get that error upon uploading to the MIME repository.

As for the Copy Source, Copy Log options. These used to be exposed in all FlashIslands on an older library release. The options were removed by default as a security precaution. However they should reactivate when you are in debug mode. I reported to development some time ago that this wasn't happening in WDA (it works in WDJ), but the fix might not have been provided for your SP level yet.

SergioFerrari
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Thomas, I'll follow your suggestions.

Sergio

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas

when i use sap-wd-flashDebug parameter in the url there is a pop up winodw saying

Where is the debugger or host application running?

if i say local host and connect nothing happens. if i cancel it application executes normally.

How can i see my flex debugger when i run the application.?

Thanks

Abhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

This is a Adobe Flex prompt not an SAP one. SAP functionality is only responsible for loading the debug version of your component (which it sounds like it is doing correctly). Refer to Adobe's documentation on how to properly start the Adobe Debugger.

Answers (0)