cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Empty pages being generated when report spans multiple pages

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi folks

I have a problem when generating my pdf form that I hope you can shed some light on.

Firstly, I have a table within a table.

Eg. For each line of Table_1, a new page must be displayed.

Then for Table_2 a list of employees with the matching criteria in line_1 of Table_1 are displayed on page 1. For the next line of Table_1, the same, and so on.

My problem comes in when there are too many employees in Table_2 to fit on a single page, they span onto the next page (as they should), but the pdf form also now displays blank pages at random.

Something like this:

Page 1

--empty

Page 2

-Table_1-Line_1

-Table_2 (lines 1 - 30 of 35)

Page 3

-Table_1-Line_1

-Table_2 (lines 31-35 of 35)

Page 4

-Table_1-line_2

-Table_2 (lines 1 - 10 of 10)

Page 5

--empty

Why the empty pages? Any help will be much appreciated.

thanks.

Also worth noting. If Table_2 doesn't span multiple pages, then I don't get the empty pages.

thanks in advance

Anton Kruse

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

it is clear why your first page is blank. That is because you set "top of next page" (tab binding) for every line of the outer table so every "section" starts on the new page. That is why even the first page starts on the second page (top of NEXT page for the first line is SECOND page).

About the last page... I have experienced problems when I used margins - when your page content is long, but not that long to break the page and you use a margin so the last row + margin should break the page, the last row is left on the last-1 page and the margin "appears" on the last page.

Hope this helps a bit, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto, it seems like you're on to something there...

Unfortunately though I don't see any "top of next page" selection on the binding tab of the table row.

The Subform properties are:

Place: Following Previous

Continue: Filling Parent

Edited by: Anton Kruse on Jan 18, 2010 4:59 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to, send me the form. It cannot be described easily, I think.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Otto.

It turns out it had nothing to do with Binding Selections and everything to do with margins.

Appreciate the quick help.