cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backflushing Components - Multiple Operations

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do you backflush material components through multiple operations and work centers?

Right now I have 3 operations and 3 work centers, we only perform one confirmation for operations 3 which automatically confirms the previous 2 operations. Whenever I perform a final confirmation on a production order there are no goods movements through all 3 operations.

How can I have all materials and components backflush on a final confirmation?

Right now this specfic material only has a single level BOM, if this requires changing the BOM to multi-level, how would I go about doing that?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If a component is assigned to a operation & it is flagged as backflush, then the moment that operation is confirmed the components will be backflushed.

There are many ways in specifying how a material is to be backflushed.

In MRP-2 view of the mtl master you can specify a value 1 for backflush field if you want the component to be backflushed always, 2 if you want the work center to decide (in this case, the work center needs to have the backflush indicator ticked). Then you can also specify backflush in routing in the component allocation overview.

Now if upon confirmation a component is not backflushed, then check COGI for any incorrect movement.

Hope the above clarifies.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried both setting the backflush indicator to 1 and 2 (with all my work centers set to backflush), and there were still no goods movements for my production order. In CO11N, a confirmation defaults to our last operation (0030) and the goal is for goods movements to backflush through all 3 operations.

I checked the Routing Display: Material Component Overview and I have no paths or levels to my current BOM, might this have something to do with my problems?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the component overview of the order, check if the backflush indicator is ticked. Also check to which operation the components are assigned.

Now go to CO14 & check the details of confirmation for each operation. Check if you notice the icon called Goods movement, click on that to see if you find the components.

Also check in COGI if there is an entry for this order.

Check & revert.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

In CO14 the only goods movement that is shown is for the final finished material and none of the components. This is also what shows in CO11N, when the PO is initially pulled up under the "Goods Movements" button.

In C014, it appears that I am not able to view each individual operation. All I have is one screen that shows my milestone confirmation for operation 0030 and the 5 tabs (Quantity/Activity, Dates, Personnel/additional data, Quantity/Forecast, Management) for that one operation. I cannot find an option to see if any materials backflushed in operations 0010 or 0020.

There were no COGI errors listed for this production order or any other production orders were this issue is present.

Is it possible the cause of this is the fact that I only have a single level BOM for this material? If so, how would I add levels and paths to my BOM?

Edited by: Cameron on Jan 18, 2010 9:08 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You do not mention to which operation the components are attached & whether the backflush indicator is ticked.

Anyways go to the operation tab & check the status on op'n 10 & 20, do you notice CNF on them? Select each operation individually & click on display confirmations & then check.

Alternatively if you can upload the screenshots (operation tab, components tab, confirmation details etc) to some portal it would help to get a clear picture.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where can I find which operation the components are attached to & whether the backflush indicator is ticked?

In my Material Component Overview, I have all components' Backflush indicator checked, with all operations in the "Activity" sections listed as 0030. The backflush indicator is checked in all work centers and a 1 is selected for backflushing in the MRP 2 tab of my material master.

Also, in CO14 I cannot find any "operation tab". Is this in another transaction or am I not looking in the correct place?

How would I go about uploading a screenshot to a "portal"? I've never attempted anything like that before.

Thank you for your help and patience.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In component overview double click on the item it will take you to the component details, there you will get the details as to whether the component is backflushed or not & which operation it is linked to.

For uploading pics check with picasaweb it should help.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

All my components are attached to activity 0030, and the backflushing indicator is checked for activity 0030.

[Just click the PNG file attachment to view the component overview for my material.|http://gallery.menalto.com/node/93918]

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/93918

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The screenshot which you have uploaded shows for the routing. Check if the same routing is copied in your production order & if the backflush indicator is ticked in the production order as well.

Upload screenshot from your production order - component details, confirmation,

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

I uploaded screenshots of the production order detail display and the documented goods movements.

As you can see only the finished material (10065) was properly backflushed and none of the material components.

Also, ignore the fact that this was only a "partial confirmation", that should have no relevance on this order for this particular issue.

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/93918

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check the COMPONENT OVERVIEW in the production order first if Backflush indicator is ticked.

I guess this is the Nth time i am repeating the same thing.

Added

Also the confirmation which you have posted in PCNF & not CNF. Please check the screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I apologize, I'm afraid I'm missing something here. Where exactly do I find the component overview in the production order?

Also, the goods movements for all my components should have gone through even at a partial confirmation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In production order you should find three icons one for header resembling a cap, then another for operation & followed by the components.

So click on the components & it will take you to the components overview. (keyboard shortcut - F6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm sorry, I was looking in my production order confirmation display. The link below will take you to a new thread where a screenshot of my components overview is. Not sure why I was having such a hard time getting that, I suppose it's just one of those days.

Anyway, as you can see my backflush indicator is checked for all components, but only operation 0010. How do I go about making them backflush for 0020 and 0030?

http://gallery.menalto.com/node/93920

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I presume there is a PCNF on operation - 0010 as well, check the status. I strongly suspect that there is an entry in COGI for this order, do a re-check.

As seen from the screenshots the backflush is ticked, assigned to op'n 0010. So if the op'n 0010 is fully confirmed or partially confirmed with yield equal to op'n qty, then there should be goods movement for the component. Also notice that components are batch managed, check if they have enough stocks in the batch.

Go to confirmation details of operation 0010 & check in goods movement, i guess the components must be listed there in blue color indicating a re-processing required.

Do a thorough check in COGI & revert.

Regards,

Vivek

Answers (0)