cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dynamic rows not visible, but count is correct...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

It's a offline scenario. I am adding dynamic rows to the table using the instance manager function. The table rows indeed gets added to the table on button click, however, they are not visible.

But when I use the app.alert on table's length, it displays the count of the rows correctly.

Any idea as to why the rows are not visible..??

(The form is developed using the WD Application. The Subform, table, rows and it's related properties are all correct... Infact, the sample application "AddingRemovingTableRows" which is found in Adobe site, works ok when saved locally on PC and executed. The same sample application if imported in NWDS and deployed as WD, then again rows are not visible but count is perfect... )

We are on EP 7.0 SP15...

Thanks

Deepak

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This insert WD script option you can find in the main menu of the SFP transaction. So if you´re in the WD/ SE80, click on the form and search there for this option. This is in SAP, not in the LCD menu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thanks for the reply. I am using the integrated LCD in NWDS to develop the forms and not SE80.

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

In your LCD , click on EDIT the last option is form properties.Plz check and revert in cas of any proble.

Sorry to be late.

Regards,

Geet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Geet

As discussed, it is NWDS and not the SFP. Thank you for your time.

@Others - Any suggestions..??

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The problem is solved.

We need to explicitly make the form dynamic via custom WD coding. Just the "Form Settings" in the "Interactive Form" element is not adequate.

Thank you all for your responses.

Thanks

Deepak

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I were you I would create a working form outside SAP in LCD and then copy the script or enhance the form layout in SAP. I am short of pieces of advise now:(( Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

And your form is fillable, right? You can perform a simple test. Download the form from your WD app, open it in standalone LCD and check the behavior. If it works outside SAP, the problem is with your WD app. If it doesn´t work, the problem is in the form. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

The form which is downloaded from the WD App also does not work when opened with the standalone LCD.

However, if I create a new blank form with the same logic in standalone LCD, it works...

Definitely something is wrong when the ADS renders this table row add logic in the WD App...

Any known bugs or notes for this kind of behaviour...??

Thanks

Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I faced the same scenario before.

Just navigate to Form builder from your web dynpro explorer and then on the top click on

Utilities-->Insert WebDynpro Script

Also check the form properties--->PDF render format -->Dynamic XML form

Regards,

Geet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Yes, it works outside SAP in standalone LCD but not in a pdf which is generated via WD. I need to generate the pdf via WD to make the pdf interactive and enabled with Reader Rights.

@Geet - Thanks for your reply. I am unable to find the the "Utilities" option as suggesed by you. In the outline explorer of my WD View, I click on "Edit" InteractiveForm UI element and then form builder in NWDS is displayed. I looked in over here, but in vain. Can you please elaborate on this..??

The pdf has dynamic settings in the Form Properties.

Thanks

Deepak

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, lets start from scratch:

1) did you setup the proper form structure? table subform, row subform, row fields?

2) does your table subform has content set to flowed?

3) is your form dynamic?

4) are you sure the code is correct and is run to the end?

5) did you set the min count of the row subform to 1? in binding tab

That should be all, what is needed to add a row. Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Yes, all the setting are correct.

On form design, table is having only one row with 2 columns encapsulated in Subform-Table.

1. Subform-Table : Flowed ; Table1 : Repeat Table for each data item..min is 1 ; Row1 : Repeat row for each data item.. min is 1

2. Form is dynamic.

The only problem is when this form is deployed via a WD App. (Even the sample from adobe does not display additional rows when that form is deployed via a WD App... )

Thanks

Deepak

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You need to set the new row visible explicitely!!.

try xfa.form.recalculate(1);

or check http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

check especially the page 113.

Hope this solves the problem, Otto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Otto

Thank you for the quick reply.

Even that is not working..

Subform_Main.Subform_Table.Table1.Row1.instanceManager.addInstance(1); 
xfa.form.recalculate(1);

But one strange thing I noticed - As we normally type "CtrlSpacebar" to get a list of options after a particular input, I do not get the "addInstance" option after clicking CtrlSpacebar after the instanceManager...

Thanks

Deepak