cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move namespace between software components

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to move a namespace with all it's content from one software component to an other.

How would I do this?

BR

Kalle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can refer to the following link for more info on Transfer Design Objects:

[Link|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/e8/e8573ba5f13048be50532fc3fcea9c/content.htm]

Not very sure if the references are handled automatically. Do post your observations.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can define a dependency for the SWCV and you can access all the objects in an SWCV->Namespace in another SWCV.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What we want to do is to move the namespace to be able to remove the SC after the move.

When they installed our system they made alot of SC's and now we want to have less SC's to have a better overview of our integrations.

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Right click on the required namespace and go to open namespace defination. Now bring the window to edit mode and click on the cut button. Then go the SWC where u want to paste the namespace and add an empty row to the list of namespaces and right click and past the namespace.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only thing i get when i right click on the namespace is export.

Would this move all the content as well?

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then do this, create the namespace in the SWC manually. Now go to the already existing namespace and right click on the object highest in the hierarchy and do copy object. A pop up window will open up, fill it up and check with all dependent objects option there. This will solve your purpose.

Eg. Copy the service interface with all dependent objects so all message types and data types will also come along with this.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Would all the interface mappings, message mappings and BPM's refer to the correct structures then or refer to the old namespace?

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This movement is on objest level so where ever these are referenced there it will point to the old SWC and namespace so you will have to change this where ever required.

Warm Regards,

Anshul

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that's the only way then it's the way to go.

Damn I have a big load of work in front of me.

BR

Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not the way to go for me.

All the Message Mappings and interface Mappings ar refering to the incorrect namespace.

This would be a massive job to perform and all mappings would have to be remade.

//Kalle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kalle I would suggest using the release transfer option.

1. Create the new SWC and import it

2. Create the namespace matching it to the one from the old SWC

3. Go to Tools > Transfer Design Objects and it'll walk you through.

All references should also be taken care of. Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you will move the objects from one SWC to another, the references will change. So if you have a large no. of objects inside your existing namespace then i would suggest you not to change this then. I guess there is no automated way of replicating this and manual changes will be called for, hence depending on the complexity of your environment you can take the call.

Warm Regards,

Anshul