cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

append the data in file at receiver side

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I want dump the data frm SAP tables. the data is hughe so we are sending the data in slots from ECC like 50K recoerds at a time and after that to collect that i using the append parameter at file receiver side and records are getting appended in file only that is correct

but my one doubt is

let say monday the records get append into file at receiver side and on tuesday again the records will get appended in same file....it will be problem for this i used create parameter with overrite my question if i am using create then we can not use append ........

please suggest...........

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved........

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you should use Append option and not create in case you want to keep on appending data to the existing file.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay ,

Thanks for reply ,,

But in this is case the file size is going to very big.......and how we will make difference between the fresh data and old data........

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you want old data and new data into the same file then append is the option.

in case you want to distinguish between day 1 data and day2 data then you will have to create a different file name based on the data and then use append mode.

So all data of day 1 will go into day 1 file and all data of day 2 will go into day 2 file.

is this what you want?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes this is my reqirment but i really not getting how achive this .........is there any is to be done in mapping ......in mappin gi using one to one mapping .........plz suggest

Regards

Edited by: gangadhar kh on Jan 18, 2010 1:16 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

its simple.

for file name use Dynamic configuration/ASMA and use the current date as your identifier

eg.

MyFile_19-01-2010

MyFile_20-01-2010

etc

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2009/03/26/dynamic-configuration-vs-variable-substitution--the-ultimate-battle-for-the-file-name

And in the CC always use append option.

its that simple.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

By using this is will create the time and date in file name but the records will appended in one file only...

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

EDIT: Delayed in posting. Vijay already suggested the way.

@ gangadhar kh : Did you check this link. You can use the Variable subtitution option in receiver file adapter .

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/XIDateStampinFile+Name

Regards

Soumen...

Edited by: SoumenDas2009 on Jan 18, 2010 1:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

As i said that let say i have 6lacs records to send in oneday ,i will send then by 50k slots and they will append the reords in one file.

On next day again i will new 5lacs records then will also going apppend in same file beacuse i am not using overwrite option .

please suggest

Regards

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi Vijay,

>

>

> By using this is will create the time and date in file name but the records will appended in one file only...

>

>

> Regards

dont stamp the time. only the date is required. if you use time then multiple files per day will be created

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

My doubt is that only if I send the records next day they will be in new file only or in the old file in which the old records there beacuse i am using append and if we use append then the overwrite option will not come.....

Regards

Edited by: gangadhar kh on Jan 18, 2010 4:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gangadhar,

Append will work like this..

if there is no file ..create the file and if file already exists then appends the data to the existing file..

in your case when you create the file with day i.e file_day ..first time when you send 50K records file will get created..

if you send another 50k in the same then will get appended to the same...

in case if you send the another 50K set another day..then a new file will get create as there is no file available with taht file name

i.e filename_nextday...

Hope this clears all your queries

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Rajesh,

thanks for reply...............that means when next day the new will get genrated there previsous file we have delete or archive from there...................please correct me if i am wrong........

Regards

Edited by: gangadhar kh on Jan 18, 2010 5:03 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes..for each new file will get created...

generated file you need to take care ...(like what it is intended for you can do the same...if want archive the same..but not mandatory to delete the same for other file creation on the next day)

Also it will not create any impact for the new file which is going to create in the next day...

HTH

Rajesh

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> HI Rajesh,

>

> thanks for reply...............that means when next day the new will get genrated there previsous file we have delete or archive from there...................please correct me if i am wrong........

> Regards

>

> Edited by: gangadhar kh on Jan 18, 2010 5:03 PM

if you are going to name the file using the DATE as the identifier then one file per day will be created.

maybe start of each day you can delete or archive as you want