Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bidding engine, publishing tenders to new bidders

Former Member
0 Kudos

All,

Ref: SRM 5.0 Bidding Engine

I'm aware of the functionality SUS offers where bidders logon and receive notifications/enter bids.

My question relates to a different instance, where we go regularly to new bidders, for whom we do not wish to maintain bidder details (&logon&passwords) for all partners.

1. Is it possible to publish an RfQ document through email and receive responses through e-mail, rather than publishing to a website and inviting users to logon to SUS, maintain partner details etc.

2 Is there an equivalent to a 'one-time vendor' in the bidding engine where we do not wish to maintain partner and contact details for each bidder but instead send the RfQ documents to a suppliers e-mail address.

Thanks for your help.

John

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Attention, the 'Submit Bid' link in SUS is only a link to SRM transaction.

I mean if you install a SUS in the DMZ, documents are exchanged via XI, so each user works on his/her own system (SRM for buyers, SUS for vendors). But this is not the case for RFQ: they remain in SRM and are not replicated in SUS.

So the SUS link is targeting SRM.

If you use SRM & SUS on the same server, forgot what I said. In that case, the SUS link target the SRM client.

1. This is not possible via email, but can be donne via XML. But even in that case, you need a vendor defined in SRM (a business partner).

2. No

Rgds

Christophe

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you again Christoph for resolving my query.

Answers (0)