cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restrict Delivery from extra Item entry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

Please tell me what is the provision there to restrict the user from entering the extra item into the delivery.

Actually we create delivery with the reference of sales order so all the items and quantity in delivery get copied from referenced sales order. But in our case if the user adds extra items manually in the delivery system also allowing it.

I have to restrict this manual entry of extra items in delivery.

I checked the delivery header and delivery item category but dint find any provision. Please help me.

regards,

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

A standard simple customizing (option ) solution readily is available

Choose your delivery type in OVLK

In the item requirement field of your delivery type assign routine 201

This will take care of your issue

In the configuration of delivery type this can be controlled and not in copy controls

With this configuration set if anyone tries to add any extra item in delivery error will be thrown for that delivery type

Test and revert back

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all,

specially Raja and Krishna, it was an exact solution to restrict the extra items in delivery. All u Enjoy the points for support.

Will u help me on my previous thread of delivery block also?

I had to keep the delivery block for the sales order at header level. therefore I have set the delivery block in document header.

As I know and i have already tried it in IDES that if the delivery block is set for a sales order header the order will not be allowed to create delivery. System should pop up the error message as the Sales order entered in VL01N. But in my case system is allowing me to go up-to the picking tab and at the time of picking system gives me error of delivery block so without picking if i want to save that delivery it is also possible. This is making the delivery block functionality useless for me.

At the time of defining the blocking reason there are 6 criteria - Order, Conf, Print, Del Due List, Picking and Goods out of them I have checked Order, Picking and Goods. I tried with checking all criteria also.

Please tell me what I am missing that the delivery block is not working in the entry screen of VL01N as expected.

Help me to make the functionality full proof.

I've done needful in OVLS and VOV8 already.

regards,

Sanjay

former_member184555
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

It is good to provide the link here also so that others need not search for your thread. Those who haven't gone through your previous thread, can access it now easily if the link is provided here.

All u Enjoy the points for support

Hope they are enjoying the award of points and celebrating the occassion. Thanks for keeping them happy.

But, to my knowledge, getting points is not the only driver that keep members active in helping others. They enjoy to see the happiness in people like you (and anybody) who feel great relief after getting solution for the problem.

Regards,

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to tell you a possibility risk that could happen.

Afeter creating a delivery if you delete the item the copy control with Order will lost. Now you can enter any material any quantity you want. If you have to avoid this scenario, I know only way (I dont know if It is the best one)...working on user-exit.

Giancarlo

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Goto the T.Code "0VLK" or "OVLK".

Select your Delivery type.

Details.

Goto the "Order reference" tab.

Maintain the value as "201" for the field "Item Requirement".

Save.

Regards,

Krishna.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define the Routine in VOFM Tranasction and assign this in the COPY CONTROLS from Sales order to delivery.

In the transaction code VTLA select the source order and target Delivery document and maintain th Routine at the item level and save it.

Now while entering the item manually at the delivery will be shown as error and system will not allow u to process further.

Please check and revert back.

regards,

santosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no any option available for this, u can look for any enhancement.

Kapil