cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Applyed EHP4 in all system except SolMan,will this work or required in SolM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have upgraded the EHP4 for ERP and NW (ECC, BI and SRM and Portal system). We have not upgraded the EHPs in Solman System. Now my concern is that is it necessary to upgrade the SOlMan system with the EHP (same as other systems) or not required? Ii don't want to Apply in the EHP in the SolMan system- is this posssible?

As we are having SLD in solman and lots of other configuration like CUA (Central User Administration). If we will not apply the EHP in solman and apply only in the other system will that work fine??

Thanks

Narpal Singh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Depending on what support package your SolMan runs you may not be able to use all functionalties. See

Note 1010428 - End-to-End Diagnostics

Markus

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently you may update Solman to EhP1 and it is highly recommended as you may take adventage of all new functionality included in this EhP. I would update the EhP and SP level to the latest one, as it is the most stable.

If you are in EhP1 you are going to be able to manage the updated systems you have mentioned without problem, but I encourage you to update the SPS level to the latest one in order to resolve bugs and get the technology changes included.

Best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus/Fernando,

Thanks for your reply!

As per our analysis from SDN and all we can't upgrade SPS and EHP for Solution Manager One time.

For all other system we can upgrate SPS and EHP togather. Please give more information on this if you have?

ECC SP 11 to SP16 +EHP4 SPS04

NW SP13 to SP18 +EHP1

SAP SolMan SP13 to SP17 (No EHP applyed Yet as not possible to apply SP+EHP in one time) .

Now due to time constraint we don't want to apply EHP in SolMan. So what to know if any serious issue later on?

Thanks

Narpal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

This is really surprising for me- As per the note suggested bu you "Note 1010428 - End-to-End Diagnostics" we can see highest SP Stack available for SolMan is SP20&21. But when we are trying to download and search in service mrkt we can see highest SP Stack for SolMan is SPS17. Under EHP1 we are having up to SPS21. THis is really confusing now. please clarify?

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> This is really surprising for me- As per the note suggested bu you "Note 1010428 - End-to-End Diagnostics" we can see highest SP Stack available for SolMan is SP20&21. But when we are trying to download and search in service mrkt we can see highest SP Stack for SolMan is SPS17. Under EHP1 we are having up to SPS21. THis is really confusing now. please clarify?

SP21 is Solution Manager with EHP4.

You have to look under "EHP1 for Solution Manager".

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for clarification! Markus.

So as per the my current SP level -explain above, could you please suggest which EHP and SP version i should updrage or the current will work?

you can expect some rewards from us:)

thanks

Narpal

Fernando_Camare
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Solution Manager, so far, is not working as the rest of Netweaver based systems in terms of EhP1. In fact, the EhP1 begins with SPS18, and you cannot have EhP1 without SPS18,and SPS18 without EhP1. Besides, EhP1 is installed via SPAM/JSPM and not with EHPInst.

You can download it from /sp-stacks in EhP1 Solution Manager.

There is a huge amount of functionality in EhP1 that is not in SP17, so I encourage you to go through EhP1 SP21.

Best regards,

Fernando

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If SolMan 7.0 SP17 to be used to just install EhP4 for ERP6.0 systems .. and due to time constrains, I don't want to apply Ehp1 for SolMan at this time. Is SolMan SP17 Ok for EhP4 installation?

Appreciate yr input.

Thx

Sheikh

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If SolMan 7.0 SP17 to be used to just install EhP4 for ERP6.0 systems .. and due to time constrains, I don't want to apply Ehp1 for SolMan at this time. Is SolMan SP17 Ok for EhP4 installation?

Check

Note 1122966 - Maintenance Optimizer: Notes for Enhancement Packages

for prerequisites.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

However, It's still very confusing. For example, as per SAP note #

1165438, Solution Manager 7.0 system has to be with minimum SP stack

level 19 !! at the same time, there no SP 19 for SolMan 7.0 available!

The last SP level available for SolMan 7.0 is 17 ! How do you explain this?

Rgds,

Sheikh

former_member209604
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> However, It's still very confusing. For example, as per SAP note #

> 1165438, Solution Manager 7.0 system has to be with minimum SP stack

> level 19 !! at the same time, there no SP 19 for SolMan 7.0 available!

> The last SP level available for SolMan 7.0 is 17 ! How do you explain this?

More precise would be Enhancement Package 1 for SAP Solution Manager 7.0 (which was shipped initially with Support Package Stack 18 with main component ST 400 SP18).

"SolMan 7.0 SPS 19" should be SolMan 7.0 EhP1 SPS19.

Best regards,

Ruediger