cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assign a customized field as authorization object

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I had used function SU20 and SU21 to assign a self-defined field from table MARA as an new authorization object. The a new authorization role is also created for the users. The self-defined field was also assigned in the self-defined info-structure.

But I find that the authorization setting cannot not active in the SIS reporting. Does the self-defined field cannot be assigned as an authorization object or I have missed some procedure in defining the self-defined field setting. Anyone can give me an advice?

Thanks and regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Chris, just to clarify - all authorization checks in the system are actually programmed in ABAP. There is no magic. The authorization objects need to be defined so that they could be used in the ABAP code, but the authorization check itself must be programmed somewhere. One cannot expect an authorization check to happen simply because there is an authorization object for a field.

I'd suggest to get help from a qualified ABAP developer for this.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eduardo,

Do you mean i need to add this new self-defined field in the existing customer exit "EXIT_RMCREPAU_001" in order to activate the new authorization object setting?

Thanks a lot!

Chris

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Check in the link http://pjatkin.users.btopenworld.com/documents/PMCSUserExits2.pdf, in the page 81 the documentation about this function. It suggest you how to use it. It gives you a good example:

Example: Selection criterion for plant (name 'SL_0001'). The user wants to select the plants '0001' to '0003' and also plant '0005'. In this case, the table contains the following entries:

 SELNAME KIND SIGN OPTION HIGH LOW

 SL_0001 S I BT 0001 0003

 SL_0001 S I EQ 0005

These entries in the table allow the authorization check to take place in the enhancement MCR00001. This means that the characteristic values for which the user has no authorization must be attached to the table by filling the field SIGN with the value 'E' (for Exclude).

I hope this helps you

Regards,

Eduardo

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the enhancement MCR00001 (you have a sample coding for it).

Regards,

Eduardo