cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Qustion about table splitting feature

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm exporting a system ECC60 using Sapinst/R3load method. I did the Table Spliting preparation phase in order to split 10 standard tables.

These tables are all presentes the R3ta_hints.txt file provided by Sap.

During the "Export Database" phase, the Sapinst offer at screen "Split Str FIles" the possibility to indicate the option 'Split predefined tables' and then to indicate a file as 'Table input file'.

The question is that should be logical to select here the file prepared by me with the 10 table to split, but the System Copy guide says to select here the R3ta_hints.txt file.

That for me is wrong.

That point is not explained on the Oss notes for System Copy.

Any suggestion ?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Table splitting and str file splitting are two different things. Think of an str file as a container of tables, grouped by TABART. If you do split a table it will automatically be taken out of the str file.

But you still can split one str file (those containing a lot of small tables, like SAPAPPL1 in a ERP based system) into several pieces.

Cheers Michael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Tnks for the feedbacks.

I'm going to use the script of the note, using ROWID clause for all the transparent tables, and the Colum suggested int the r3ta_hint file for all the others those for which the ROWID clause will be refused)

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos