cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Sender configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Trying to configure webservice(SOAP)-->XI->R/3(RFC) scenario.

Created a z_fun_mod and made it remotely enabled in R/3.

Trying to create a destination of type T in XI for R/3. As I need to specify 'ProgramID' for 'Registered Server Program', I specified a 'sdnweblogs' as per Michal's blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/03/29/configuring-the-sender-rfc-adapter--step-by-step . When I test this connection, got the connection error saying 'program sdnweblogs not registered' in my R/3 host/gateway.

How do I register the programID?

Is this 'sdnweblogs' supposed to be a function module in R/3 client that calls my z_fun_mod ?

As per michal's blog, the programID is later needs to be specified while configuring the RFC Sender.

TIA,

Steve.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

In case of a sender RFC adapter, the RFC destination test would succeed only when you have created and activated the sender RFC channel in XI and mentioned the correct params (pid, gw, etc).

Cheers,

Gaurav

moorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to your scenario, RFC is a Reciever right ? If so, why it is required to configure Sender RFC adapter ?

For Sender RFC adapter-

Regards,

Moorthy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Moorthy,

I am trying to call a webservice from RFC. RFC is the sender and web service is the receiver.

Do I need to creat RFC destination on R/3 side too for XI?

TIA,

Steve

Message was edited by: Steve Hsu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>>>>Do I need to creat RFC destination on R/3 side too for XI?

yes of course

refere to this welblog series:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2006/03/23/rfc--xi--webservice--a-complete-walkthrough-part-1

Regards,

michal

-

<a href="/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/06/28/xipi-faq-frequently-asked-questions"><b>XI / PI FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions</b></a>

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want a R/3 -(RFC)-> XI -(SOAP)-> Webservice scenario, then? It's different from what you had previously informed (webservice -> XI -> R/3).

Anyway, for R/3 to send data to XI through a RFC, you need:

1. to configure a RFC Destination, inside R/3 (TX SM59), using type T (TCP/IP), activation type "registered server program", informing a Program ID, and informing the R/3 gateway host and gateway service (sapgwXX, where XX is your instance number). It's kinda confusing to use R/3 informations inside R/3 itself, but that's how it is.

2. to create a sender RFC Adapter, which will get the data from R/3 and send to XI. There, you'll need to inform the RFC Server (gateway) host and service again. The Program ID must be the same you used in RFC Destination above. And finally you need the info for the metadata repository. Generally, it's the same R/3 instance that runs the RFC server, so just input it again, but this time you'll need the client number, a language and a user authentication to the system (just like you'd configure a SAPGUI entry).

I spent quite a long time trying to understand this configuration scenario, but the best that I could come up with was this: A metadata repository is linked to a application that consumes the metadata through a RFC server. So, in your metadata repository, you'll need the information of this RFC Server (done in SM59) and in your application you'll need to reference both the RFC server and the metadata repository (both done on the adapter configuration). But in most of the cases the RFC server and the metadata repository are the same (R/3, for example), and so you'll need to reference R/3 in R/3 (in SM59) and reference it twice to XI (in adapter configuration).

hehehe, it was the only explanation that made any sense to me.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Michal,

I am confused here. Pleae clarify the following.

In order to call the web service from an RFC,

do I need to create two RFC destinations

First One: In XI, thru SM59 type T specifying R/3 service/gateway, prgoramid ?

Second One: In R/3, thru SM59 type T specifying xi service/gateway, programid ?

Here, RFC is calling a web service and receiving some data in import param.

thanks,

Steve

Thanks Henrique Pinto

Will try it. Thank you all for your quick and accurate replies

Steve

Message was edited by: Steve Hsu

MichalKrawczyk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

>>>>Second One: In R/3, thru SM59 type T specifying xi service/gateway, programid ?

just this one

Regards,

michal