cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Net Value Feild in Sales Orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello gurus,

We have a requirement where the Net Value feild length should be 12+2 Characters. This issue is because of looking at the economic conditions in the country. ..

I could see that SAP has provided only 11+2 characters maximum as a feild length.....

The alternative i could see is to have the sales order spitted into two and create seperate inovices for the same customers. Though this option is avalibe i would like to check from all of you if we have any thing that can be done.

Please suggest and its really important for me.

Thanks and Regards

siva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where the Net Value feild length should be 12+2 Characters. This issue is because of looking at the economic conditions in the country. ..

I could see that SAP has provided only 11+2 characters maximum as a feild length.....

>>> Take help of ABAP team if possible extend the field,otherwise look for any enhancement

The alternative i could see is to have the sales order spitted into two and create seperate inovices for the same customers. Though this option is avalibe i would like to check from all of you if we have any thing that can be done.

>>>>As there sdt option is available to split invoices routines used 001 & 007 copy controll at item level (VTFA & VTFL), but this happens only when if your order/delivery contains to items and there data is differ Like weight & division

In std criteris is as

VTWEG LIKE VBAK-VTWEG,

SPART LIKE VBAK-SPART,

ABTNR LIKE LIPS-ABTNR,

EMPST LIKE LIPS-EMPST,

In your case u can speciefy criteria in this routine or create new routines for this as per your requirement

Kapil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kapil

Thanks for the fastest responce. It was informative. Looking at the client templet, we can do any thing on the copy control level because it effect the entire templet . Though this is right solution , i really cant go without this one..

On the enhancement part as , SAP itself has provided the length as 11+2, can we think that SAP has some thing to do with this.. ofcourse i still need to check with SAP on this one...

Extending the length feild using ABAPers also be done but it impacts all the modules implemented and also the entire templet.. This needs to very well analysed...

Any other suggestion would be helpfull..

Thanks and Regards

Siva