cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regd. Creation of Port and RFC dest in PI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have two scenarios 1. file to IDOC and 2. IDOC to file.

for first , i need to connect to ECC for posting IDOC. in sap side they have created port ,partner profile etc.

in PI sides i created an RFC destination(sm59) ,given generic name, i have created port(idx1) and mentioned the partener num say(SAP123) ant type (LS). Loaded the meta data in idx2. i am able to post IDOC in sap.

for the second case,i am supposed to receive idoc from sap.

do i need to create another port and rfc destination ? or simply adding the metadata in the prev created port will help.

Actually i tried creating another RFC dest and port and was trying to assign same partner num (SAP123) and type (LS)

while loading the metadata i get an error saying 'basic type of the IDOC is unknown'.

from SAP side the IDOC status is green , saying idoc is dispatched to the target port.But in Trn. SE58, there is error show.

Is this something wrong in PI or SAP ?

Please help me with the steps to be followed with suggested naming conventions if any.

Best regards,

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

Check in ECC with TCode WE20, in LS partner type, whether you maintained the message type and basic type for the IDoc in outbound parameter or not.....Also check the distribution model with TCode BD64 in ECC.....your port name should be like SAPSYSID as rajesh told....

Regds,

Pinangshuk.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Port type shouldbe SAP SYSID ...it is important that you create the port with this naming convention as the name is very important to be followed...

Try to create the port name with the above mentioned..and give a try...

Also post the error generated in the SM58 ...

HTH

Rajesh

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No need to create another RFC destination for the same SAP system....the unknown basic type error might be due to the RFC destination.

Regards,

Abhishek.