cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print Form after Defect Recording

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to print a so called Incoming Rejection Form. This form is printed after doing the defect recording.

Is there a standard way to print a form after saving defect recording?

Thanks,

Raymond

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you do the defect recording, are you creating a notification?

Usually, in the past when this is needed, we have the notification automatically created in the background. When the notification is created, it can print out automatically to a specified printer. Its been awhile though since I've looked at the exact process to set that notification up to automatically print but I did have this done at a pharma client.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have not activated the Quality Notification.

Thanks,

Raymond

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

In QA32>Print Inspection Report->here use form "QM_INSP_RESULT"

This can be executed after UD & DR is done

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This one is a separate transaction, correct?

I already tried this one but im having an abap dump while executing. what settings do i need to check?

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Std report giving some erro/dump means someone must be tampering system.

check with the abaper whether the Error is Related to Form or customization.

Regards

Sujit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sujit,

Below is the error Im encountering.

Diagnosis

The text element entered in the ELEMENT parameter does not exist in the

current layout set window.

Possible causes:

o The element name was entered incorrectly.

o The window name was entered incorrectly.

If the window name is not specified, the MAIN window is selected as

the default value.

System Response

This causes the program to terminate.

Procedure

You can rectify the problem by a program change or by making a change to

the layout set that you are using.

Thanks,

Raymond

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check the FORM ....you have either made changes or create a new form

check following

A form definition contains the following elements:

Header data:

This is general information about the form, such as the user ID of the person who created it, a short text describing the form, and global control data, such as font used and page format.

Paragraphs:

Paragraphs are the real layout elements in SAPscript. Every text entered in the editor consists of various paragraphs. The beginning of a paragraph is indicated by a paragraph tag in the left column of the editor. Paragraph names and attributes are defined in the form.

Characteristics or attributes which can be defined for paragraphs include text alignment, line spacing, font used etc.

Character strings:

Character strings are layout elements relevant for a section of text within a paragraph. They are inserted in the continuous text. The beginning of a section of text is marked with the character combination <XX> and the end with </>. Here XX is the name of the character string, which is defined in the form.

Windows:

Windows represent logical units. Although they do not have a physical position on the page, they have a name which reflects the purpose of the text to be displayed in the window. For example, an address window, a window for a letter header etc.

A window type is assigned to every window. The most important type is the main window. "Continuous" text appears in the main window. The text can therefore extend over the main windows of several pages. The other window types, on the other hand, do not allow text which does not fit in the window to be continued in the window on a subsequent page.

Pages:

One or more pages which are to appear in the form are defined here. The attributes of a page include the name of the next page and the type of page numbering. The user determines the page sequence by specifying the next page and defining the first page of the form in the header data.

Page windows:

A page window is defined by specifying the position and size of a form window on a form page. The page window describes the position of a window on a specific page of the form and therefore the area in which text can be output in the form.