cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BI/BO necessary for Global Spend Analysis? PI necessary for syndication?

siowfong_chen
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi! I have been reading about MDM and examples of how MDM can be used by companies. One is on its ability to provide accurate and consolidated data for spend analysis. I would like to find out whether the spend analysis solution is only applicable for BI/BO. What if the company does not have BI/BO? What examples of other reporting tools are available for spend analysis reporting?

Also, PI is mentioned to be needed for data extraction from remote system to be loaded into MDM. Similarly, it is needed for the syndication back to the remote system. May I find out whether PI can be replaced by another middleware such as BizTalk?

Appreciate any clarification on the above.

Cheers!

SF

Edited by: SF on Jan 18, 2010 1:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reporting solutions will work for other reporting tools also. MDM will provide accurate Master data.

Need of PI?? - MDM accept and syndicate data in form of .xml, flat file (Refer reference guides). PI is helpful to for data transfer as well as monitoring capabilities are also good. I am not sure about BIZTalk's capability to integrate with system's you have in current lanscape. If it is there then you can utilise Biztalk also.

Cheers,

Rc

Answers (0)