cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dynpro Tables from EJB

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am new to Web Dynpro and I'm trying to write an application that displays data from and EJB in a table in web dynpro. The EJB returns an array "items[]" to my command bean. Is there a way to create a table based on the array "items[]" and several properties of the item.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jonathan,

If the properties of the items are static (i.e. not going to change in the course of time), you can create Table with fixed TableColumns (no. of Table columns = no of properties of item) which has TableCellEditor which can be TextView if the data is display only.

You have to also create context structure which has root node and attributes corresponding to each of the property of item and bind the node to datasource property of Table and bind attributes to each TableCellEditor(TextView's text attribute).

Just populate the data from your bean to the context creating nodeElements for each item and setting contextAttribute value as the property value.

Refer https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/downloaditem?rid=/library/uuid/bad3e990-0201-0010-3985-fa0936d901b4 for table

If the properties are dynamic (i.e. changing due course of time). You can create the TableColumns, TableCellEditors dynamically and also the context attributes dynamically in wdDoModifyView.

Refer for more details

Hope this helps.

Thanks and Regards,

Rohit Jaiswal

Answers (0)