Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Derived role copy problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have master and derived roles , my lead asked me to copy master role for testing , when i copy a master role

that is fine . But I also need to copy derived roles (which alredy exhists for US, China, etc) .

Here problem is when I copy the exhisting derived roles , it is linking to reference role of earler master role ..

where as it should be new master role . It is not allowing me to give new master role (i.e transaction reference)

Could you please provide any solution on this

4 REPLIES 4

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Actually there isn't an official solution for this but if you dare to take some risk you can do the following:

Copy your derived roles to their new names (yes, they'll point to the original parent)

Download the copies to your PC with PFCG's mass role download facility

Open the download file with an ASCII editor

Look for the lines starting with AGR_DEFINE and replace the old parents' role name with the new one. Make sure the length of the line does not change. Add or delete spaces after the parent role name if neccesary.

Upload the file again and generate the derived roles' profiles.

All this is at your own risk and should be tested on a sandbox system first. For download/upload I advise to use UTF16LE as the codepage.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unless it is a performance test, you can create one new child role and associate it with the copy of the master.

If the relationships are intact, then you should be able to "single test" what you want to change on the master.

If your child roles are drifting appart then to be safer (using Jurjen's way) upload them into a sandbox client with the same config and not the same development client.

Cheers,

Julius

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

The test user has access to just the query , but the user can see all the query views that it does not have authorization to (user can not execute the views and no access so i don't know why the user can see them by searching by discription or technical name.

It will be nice if only user can see the query view the created and others can see it only when authorization is granted.