cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extra confirmation in Transfer Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

During distribution of perishable articles, we face a trouble. Suppose we have to distribute banana. For a certain

store, the Outbound Qty is say 7 KG. Now if we have to distribute exact 7 KG, then one banana, say the 8th one, has to

be cut. This is not possible. Hence the logistics person confirms generally less qty i.e. 7 bananas. This results into some

stock remaining in the DC (distribution center).

A practical way will be confirming 8 bananas equivalent to 7.5 KG, that is, confirming extra 0.5 KG. Is there any way,

any config, to make it possible?

Can you please help me?

With regards

Biswajit Pal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Biswajit,

In standard WM, you would have to cancel the transfer order first, then change the delivery quantity from 7,5 kg to 8 kg and finally create a new transfer order for the adapted picking quantity. If you would just enter the actual picking quantity of 8 kg during transfer order confirmation, the system would assume that your inventory is wrong (i.e. that you found additional 0,5 kg in the bin) and consequently create stock in the storage type for inventory differences.

Maybe SAP Catch Weight Management (/CWM/BF) would be an option for your company. This Business Function is actually meant for the food industry. It enables you to handle materials with two independent units of measure, typically one for the quantity (in your case maybe crates) and another for the weight. A documentation of the function can be found in the SAP Library:

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/42/fbded750e61febe10000000a422035/frameset.htm]

Best regards,

Christiane

Former Member
0 Kudos

I do not think SAP can deal in partials because when u enter your quantity in the sales order you would enter if it is 1 2 or 3 and can never be 2.5, 3.5 etcc....

So clear definition in the material master of the weight and units of measure will not cause this issue.If not there will be a lot of problem during distribution goods issue and transfer order confirmation