cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Initial Stock Upload in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

After implementing the WM I have uploaded the materials in WM which were earlier stored at Inventory Level . I used the movement type 561 to upload. Now when i am checking the Bin Stock its shows -1 in 998 (source storage type) and 1 in storage type 001.

The TO created for it is confirmed. How to get rid of this negative entry from 998 since i have to do Physical Inventory.

Have I missed any step in between. I thought its normal procedure to upload the inventory in WM how do I rectify this issue

Regards

Asim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you upload the stock via mvt 561 you will get a +quant in storage type 998. After that you can move the goods via a TO to a normal (not interim) storage type / stporage bin.

If you have only -1 pc in 998 and +1 pc in 001 it means your stock level is 0.

1) Please check the stock in the Sloc that is assigned to the WH in MB52. What can you see?

2) Please check WM stock in LX02.

Is your stock level really 0? (hopefully the storage location was empty when you assigned it to the WH).

If you want to get rid of the negative quant in 998 you have to move the suitable +quant to 998 via LT01 / LT10.

Regards,

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Csaba,

Thanks for the reply,

When i uploaded the material in WM it was not reference to TR, I used LSMW for Tcode LT01 and uploaded the stock with Mty 561. where it showed source Styp 998 and Bin Aufhname, destination 001 and bin 1A3. Infact there was no stock in 998 before this transaction which has caused this problem.

1. I have checked the Sloc its 1 Pc

2. In LX02 its shows 001 1 Pc and 988 -1 Pc.

I tried to remove negative quant through LT01 by adding positive quantity it was adding up but not removing the negative. By the way i used Mty 562 for this process.

Please help me to get rid of it since user is not able to Physical Inventory and auditors are pushing hard.

Thanks and best regards

Asim

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your description is a little bit confusing.

You didn't give answer to my question: was there stock in the storage location before you assigned the plant/Sloc combination to your WH? (hopefully not)

As I understand:

- There was no stock in storage type 998 and you used LSMW to move quants from 998 to "normal storage type / bin.

- You didn't do anything in IM

Problem is that stock upload should be done in IM first (MB1C+mvt 561) into the storage location that is assigned to your warehouse. Initial stock upload in IM will result in quants in storage tpe 998 (interim storage type works as an interface to IM) and after that you can move the quants to the (normal) storage type / storage bins by creating TOs.

(you can upload the stock directly into the bins via IM mvt 561 but let's concentrate on the most simple solution)

If you have one minus and one postive quants in your warehouse you should move the positive quant by WM-mvt 999 to the storage type / storage bin where the negative quant is. In this way the -quant should disappear. This works only if the charactersitics of the quants are the same (material number, barch number, stock type, etc.) - since you have only two quants, the charaecteristics should be the same...

What you should do now in my opinion:

A) Upload the stock (the same stock (material number, batch, quantity, stock type, etc) that was moved by LSMW from storage type 998 in WM) via MIGO + 561 (MB1C+561). This should result in getting rid of all the minus quants.

After the upload you should check each storage type /storage bin whether everything is OK. I'm saying this because you may have created TOs after the upload...

B) Maybe you should move all existing +quants to storage type 998. In this case in LX02 you shouldn't see any quants in your WH (provided there was no IM booking in the meanwhile).

After that you should upload the stock in IM, and put the quants from 998 to thei place.

Regards,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jan 17, 2010 4:12 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asim,

As you indicate the inventory exists already an improvement on the procedure would be to move the inventory first into a new storage location (or existing one) using a 311 movement rather than a stock write on 561?. Make the connection between the new warehouse number and the storage location and move the stock back into the storage location that is now warehouse managed. The inventory and WM stocks should then balance.

Dependent on the configuration the stock will be in an interim storage type (998?) and can be moved into the final bin/bins manually or through LS10/LSMW or ABAP (as appropriate).

Note: timing with your stock move and configeration transports is important as they should contain the link between your warehouse number and storage location.

Thanks James