cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI 7.1 system copy (abap+java)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We need homogenous copy of PI 7.1 system to an existing system (newly installed PI 7.1). I would like to use database specific option (oracle).I was studying SAP guide for System copy of PI 7.1 and there are slight diff comparing to NW 7.0 double stacks.

Comparing to NW 7.0 double stacks I can't see here step for exporting central instance where application specific filesystem and SDM filesystem was archived (I know SDM is not present in 7.1 anymore). In addition I can see in guide for 7.1 new option for database refresh. However this section also does not describes any needs for taking special care of java filesystem content.Does it mean that I do not need to take special care for java filesytem content anymore on 7.1?

I am bit wondering if it is sufficient for 7.1 just to refresh DB (with restore method for oracle for example) and then perform just adaptation of java IDs in profiles as described in section for database refresh of system copy guide PI 7.1? Will be this way system consistent (consistent abap part and consistent java part)? On NW 7.0 after restore of DB only, java part would be not consistent, is this new in 7.1?

Thanks for your feedback in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

marksmyth
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

I have moved this thread to the Netweaver Administrator forum (this is not a PI technical issue). I think you will have a better chance of getting a quality answer to your query in the Netweaver Administrator forum.

Regards

Mark Smyth

XI/PI Moderator

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

FYI

starting Netweaver 7.10 an export is no longer

required when you perform a homogeneous system copy by

'backup-/restore' because the architecture changed in a way that all

required settings are stored in the database.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Julius,

We are having the same scenario oracle on AIX with SAP PI 7.1 EHP1 and we need to do a copyback from our existing production system to our test system. Can you please explain the steps in detail which you performed and if any issues which you faced during the system copy.

regards

Pankaj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello -

Since you need the complete ABAP and JAVA databases, you will want to use the system copy tool on the installation CD. If you are using a Micrsoft SQL system, you will be able to save yourself some steps. Here is what we did for our MSSQL refresh:

Use sapinst to do a file system export on the source system.

Take back up of source system and use sapinst to restore it to target system.

Process

1. Detach the database files from the source system database or create a backup and copy the files

to the target system.

2. Attach the database files or restore the backup of the source database on the target database server.

3. Run SAPinst to install the target system by choosing the following on the Welcome screen:

<Your SAP system> Software Life-Cycle Options System Copy Target System <system variant>

<technical stack> .

Let me know if you have more questions or if you need more information. I can try and answer a few if you are trying to use ORACLE and UNIX / LINUX. Thanks! - Will S.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Will,

Thx for respond.Acctually our scenario is oracle on aix. I am interesting in one special point you mentioned-

"Use sapinst to do a file system export on the source system "

I know this was neccesary for previous double stacks (e.g. on NW 7.0).This was done via sapinst option-central instance export (just SDM -not available in 7.1- filesystem content and application specific fielsystem content was included in "export CD" during this step). I am wondering if this is not needed on PI 7.1 anymore. I can't see this step in copy guide anymore, also export central instance (primary application server) is not available in sapinst menu in Inst.master of PI 7.1. can you confirm it is not neccesary take special care about java filesystem content anymore (everything is store just in DB, also for java part?). thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Will Sadler,

Could you please share the screen shots of the system copy, Presently I am working on PI7.31(abap+java) on windows and sql is the datbase.

Hoping to get an early reply

Thanks in advance.