cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Client Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all, here's a quick question. I am requested to create a Sandbox Client in our Dev box. I already created an entry in TBDLS through SALE and also created an entry in T000 through SCC4. I logged into the target client and went to SCCL. I have done this many times but, no matter how many ever times I do this, I tend to confuse myself with the profiles. Which profile do I choose in SCCL for client copy. Basically, am I only populating the target client with Customizing data from the source client? Or am I also copy the application data. I believe, the normal practice is not to copy the User Master but, create them as we go based on the requirement. I would really appreciate if someone could throw some light on this. By the way, the source client from which the data is requested for the sandbox is a 'Customizing Client'. I think, I have only three options here (may be): SAP_CUST, SAP_CUSV, SAP_CUSX.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Although your reference client is a customizing client only I recommend to use the SAP_ALL profile.

Reason is simple.

Some of the so called pseudo customizing is stored in tables of type 'A' (application data).

Example : classification data, release strategy MM, ...

In case you use a SAP_CUST or another profile that only copies customizing data you will miss the pseudo customizing in your target client and you will need to redo it there.

I hope this helps.

Wim

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution found

Former Member
0 Kudos

plese post the solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sandbox is used for testing the configurations done, if this is your requirement then its better to go with sap_all profile since without application data testing will not happen properly.

Regards,

Siv