cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESE Web Reference

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, I have used the ESE to add a web reference to a VS 2008 portal component project. The reference shows up, but I cannot find the namespace generated to be able to call it in the code. Any help is appreciated? Also, the web reference URL property is blank in the generated web reference.

Thanks --Matt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Rima -- since I am using a web reference instead of a service reference, will including the web.config file make a difference? Do you have any idea why generating it as a "web reference" would not work? The proxy class still does not show up. The web service is a service defnition created from a sap-supplied BAPI.

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Sorry for the confusion. Including "web.config" file in the project should solve the issue of adding web reference to SAP Portal Application project.

When "Add SAP Enterprise Service" ESE wizard fails to add a reference to the project it writes error messages to Event Viewer under node SAP. Check if you have any error messages there.

Regards,

Rima

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima, I am using a web reference instead of a service reference, since this is being used in a PDK application. Any other ideas? The hidden web.config file shows up after I click "Show All Files".

Thanks --Matt

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It is not enough that web.config shows up. It actually needs to be included in the project.

Regards,

Rima

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Rima -- I click show all files and the proxy classes do not show up -- they should show up in a Reference.cs class that is a child node of the Reference.map file -- but when I use the ESE tool, the Reference.map file does not have any child nodes and therefore, no generated proxy class, and no namespace. Please help! Thanks --Matt

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It could be that service reference wasn't generated properly. Include web.config file ( that is hidden by default in Portal Application project ) in the project, delete previously created service reference and run "Add SAP Enterprise Service" wizard again. Did it help ?

Regards,

Rima

rima-sirich
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

Web reference url is empty by design. It's purpose is to prevent from a user the ability to "Update Web Reference" via Visual Studio context menu. "Add SAP Enterprise Service" dialog performs wsdl converting from RPC style to Document style in order to make it work in Visual Studio .NET environment. This convertion doesn't exist in regular "Update Web Reference" process therefore it will not wotk for SAP Enterprise Service reference.

Regarding namespace, navigate to Solution Manager window and click "Show All Files" toolbar button. Now you could see the generated C# proxy code and it should contain the namespace.

Regards,

Rima