cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Full disk

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi to everybody!

Our server yesterday didn't start the disp+exe becuase the disk it's out of space, only 9,7Mb of free in 249GB disk

I see that inside sapdata1 foler for the installation instance there are 38 folder like sr3_1 sr3_2 to sr3_28 and sr3700_1 to sr3700_45 with a 2GB file, inside every folder. Can I delete some copies of these files? If not what i can do to reduce the space of these folders?

I was all the day reading about it, and I don't know yet if these files are necessary. I can not understand why are a copy of the same file in every folder (backup?)

Thanks in advance and sorry for my poor english.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks to all for your answers!!

Lars Breddemann you have all reason in your wards. Before that I worked as an sap developer (5 years) i was 7 years and it administrator and I know very well your words. Thinks that we are small enterprise dedicated to abap development (sap partner) and this installation it's in one computer of our entreprise taht we use to test and to implement new technologies. It isn't a productive system of one client. We don't do basis tasks in clients.

For this reason because of experience that i have with servers we install one machine to make development and custo tests (internal).

On sunday I delete a lot of logs of the sap installation and I got 40 Gb more in the disk that permit me to connect again the server.

However, I want to create a new mandt and I'm afraid that not will be enough space. For this reason i want to put a new disk and tell to the sap taht write the new files in the new disk.

I'm looking how to do this, ans I see that i can do with brtools, but I only find how to do with the existing tables spaces creating a new one defining a new path.

If someone can clarify me i will appreciat a lot.

Thanks in advance for all responses.

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create sapdata folder on new disk and then start to add datafile to full tablespace using brtools (brspace) by defining path to new disk.

Maybe you will find also helpful:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/0b/5daf09b03344ad97338f838e09b9ee/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Miquel,

Please read the above post and apply the same, There is simple question

Did you have your usr/sap directory on the same disk? if yes then you can housekeep that directory to get some space back and start your server and then you can implement the above solution of buying disk ..etc. etc...

Please follow the link to use some of the standared Houskeeping jobs in SAP.

Please check some dcoumentation on how to hoskeep your usr directory.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_NW70EHP1/helpdata/en/c4/3a7ede505211d189550000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regards

Shailesh Mamidwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should use the standard SAP tool BRTOOLS in order to organize your Oracle Datafiles.

I recommend you read the online help in order to know how to use this tool.

With this tool you can organize your Oracle tablespaces and allocate new data files to a new disk or File System.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/30/3d333b5f3ad646e10000000a114084/content.htm|http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/30/3d333b5f3ad646e10000000a114084/content.htm]

Wim

lbreddemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> You should use the standard SAP tool BRTOOLS in order to organize your Oracle Datafiles.

> I recommend you read the online help in order to know how to use this tool.

Actually, I'd recommend to stop touching anything of this database and get some insight in how it actually works.

Seriously, the database is a highly complex part of your IT infrastructure - it's nothing that should be handled without the appropriate knowledge.

There's documentation, there are trainings, available for free.

Tons of it.

It only has to be read and understood.

Nobody would allow any untrained person to even come close to the $100.000 production critical machine in any factory of the world, let alone manipulating it.

Why does everybody around seem to believe that enterprise databases are somehow less costly, complex or important?

Don't get me wrong - there is a huge opportunity to become knowledgeable in this area on your own.

By trying things out yourself.

By getting hands-on experience.

By reading documentation.

Anyhow, it's not as easy as figuring out how to use WORD to write a letter and print it.

There are complex concepts to learn and understand.

There is rarely space for ambiguity or knowing things "nearly".

Just my two pence on this kind of questions.

Lars

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok thanks!

If I don¡t have more space in the disk, and I connect a new one how i can do that the new file will be written in the new disk? Maintaining the other files in the old disk.

Thanks in advance!

peter_dzurov
Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, actually these are your datafiles which belong to your DB so I don't recommend to delete them as you don't want to destroy your DB, do you?

Consider to buy a new disk...